Benefits Cash Card

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure benefit cheats have anything to do with anything the government are doing. It is a small percentage fiddling the system, of course it happens yes, we see it on here every day, but they just use it as an excuse to kick people. I could start going on about the amount of tax evasion/avoidance etc, that takes way more money out the countries purse but they don't do anything about it.

They could, USA tax offices work with Paypal, they know who earns over a certain amount on line/eBay each year over there, but the UK don't want to be bothered with that as there are easier ways, like this, they just don't want people claiming benefits full stop.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure benefit cheats have anything to do with anything the government are doing. It is a small percentage fiddling the system, of course it happens yes, we see it on here every day, but they just use it as an excuse to kick people. I could start going on about the amount of tax evasion/avoidance etc, that takes way more money out the countries purse but they don't do anything about it.

They could, USA tax offices work with Paypal, they know who earns over a certain amount on line/eBay each year over there, but the UK don't want to be bothered with that as there are easier ways, like this, they just don't want people claiming benefits full stop.

HMRC are now working with Paypal UK to the same ends, people have been prosecuted for tax evasion, you know ordinary decent people just trying to earn a few extra bob selling stuff, obviously they have committed the most heinous crimes against society and need banging up forthwith, but HMRC will disregard the big fish that fiddle millions in unpaid tax.

If the government don't want people claiming benefits then they should come straight out with it and amend the level of NI accordingly, anything less is extortion.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

If you want to have a preview of what the Benefit Cash Card will look like, here's the Azure Card:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/nov/06/asylum-seekers-azure-card

Note that on this card you cannot carry your balance forward to the next week, so you'll have to spend all your money in your allocated time (that is a month under the new Universal Credit).

Welcome to the future!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Note that on this card you cannot carry your balance forward to the next week, so you'll have to spend all your money in your allocated time (that is a month under the new Universal Credit).

Welcome to the future!

I don't like the idea of that.

Unemployment is absolutely vital. The Tories would be horrified if someone could wave a wand and give us 100% employment, as usual they are simply using the weakest in society to score political points.

If we have 100% employment, how do bosses get the best from their workers?

For an idea of how it would be bad, look at the problems French companies have with efficiency and staff lazyness and so on. Short of serious gross misconduct, like being caught stealing, it is pretty much impossible to sack an employee in France, certainly not possible for lazyness, missing targets and so on, there is no real incentive to even make an effort as an employee. The only way to get rid of such people is to pay them off, and we are talking payouts on the scale of 3-4 years wages and so on - it HAS to be lucrative, its the only way to get the employee to accept.

With 100% employment the costs of living would rocket through the roof.

Capitalism NEEDS unemployed people, it needs the stick of losing your job to go with the carrot of your wages.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Omg... wtf

Its crazy... its hard out here u know if ur a single mom trying ur best i hate it when u get these people that are against people on benifits but seriously if we all had a choice to work or benifits obviously we would choose to work but sumtimes we cant choose to work as you hv to consider wt u will be paying out and cumming in... its just ridiculous.. wtever is to cum next?? Wil they decide soon that we hv to pay for our children to go to school or sumthing else silly... its a hard life i say...just outragous..i hope this wont be the case...

I was recently made homless as my landlord ws a ***** and the council helpd me and gave me a room in a hotel as i didnt hv any savings i really was stuck..i didnt ask to be put in hotrl it would of been cheaper if they helpd me with a deposit that i could of arrangd to pay bk on a weekly basis.. anyway wen i ws stayin at dis hotel i ws attackd by this crazy man shouting at me n tellin me dat he pays for me to stay there n i shud get a job or i shud pee off bk to my own country.. wt the hell?? I ws born here this is my country.. but d funny thing ws it wasnt his he was from i think scotland but yes ur rite there if it was up to the public most people would agree for this to take place..its just silly im not racist but now adays its really hard to even find a job.. so hw can we plz any1????

HMRC are now working with Paypal UK to the same ends, people have been prosecuted for tax evasion, you know ordinary decent people just trying to earn a few extra bob selling stuff, obviously they have committed the most heinous crimes against society and need banging up forthwith, but HMRC will disregard the big fish that fiddle millions in unpaid tax.

If the government don't want people claiming benefits then they should come straight out with it and amend the level of NI accordingly, anything less is extortion.

Sorry but ordinary decent people selling their used items on eBay will NOT be being prosecuted. If they go to car boot sales to buy stuff & sell on at profit on eBay, yes they will end up being prosecuted. There is lots of info on google about what is classed as being a business, numerous links even set out examples of when you need to register with HMRC or not, which people would have to be a bit dumb to need to read, but they are covering that too!

I for one don't see why half of us should be registered as a business when others are raking it in 'working' on there. But I don't for a minute believe HMRC are working with Paypal like they are over the pond in USA, & if they are, they aren't doing a good job because in the type of self employed work I do, there are hundreds selling on eBay & facebook without registering with HMRC & no one is doing anything about it.

If you have seen different I would genuinely like to see proof.

I've had a couple of benefit fraud clients come in having been caught for buying and then selling on ebay - and I think they were caught via the large volume of paypal payments coming in. I think there might be a level that gets flagged and then these get crosschecked against benefit claimants. One of the clients was then followed to a car boot sale and then photo'd buying items and then it was shown the items were then sold on ebay.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

There are GMS (general matching scans) that can be run for various things, capital, income, other people registered at addresses etc etc and yes people are caught for ebay and paypal.

Banks have to report if money above a certain amount is paid in to an account if it isn't wages or benefit payments so probably linked in with that too.

So if I was to purchase a couple of things from a boot sale then sell them on fleabay because I decided I didnt want to keep them then I would be breaking the law?

Nice to know big brother is watching everything we do. Its no wonder many dont want to sign up to UJM.

It depends on intent. If you buy them and six months later don't want them anymore and sell a couple of items, then that's fine. Constantly buying things and putting them on ebay with the excuse 'I decided I didn't want them' would not be believed if you are making a profit from the sales.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Sorry but ordinary decent people selling their used items on eBay will NOT be being prosecuted. If they go to car boot sales to buy stuff & sell on at profit on eBay, yes they will end up being prosecuted. There is lots of info on google about what is classed as being a business, numerous links even set out examples of when you need to register with HMRC or not, which people would have to be a bit dumb to need to read, but they are covering that too!

I for one don't see why half of us should be registered as a business when others are raking it in 'working' on there. But I don't for a minute believe HMRC are working with Paypal like they are over the pond in USA, & if they are, they aren't doing a good job because in the type of self employed work I do, there are hundreds selling on eBay & facebook without registering with HMRC & no one is doing anything about it.

If you have seen different I would genuinely like to see proof.

Only if they do not declare taxable income, just call yourself Starbucks and offer a voluntary donation when caught out.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Only if they do not declare taxable income, just call yourself Starbucks and offer a voluntary donation when caught out.

The above is personal opinion, not tax advice :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

With this latest outrageous proposal from this sick and twisted government, if these cards come into being and are to be used for food and bare essentials only, how are people going to feed their cat or dog? Oh wait. People on benefits aren't supposed to keep their cat or dog. This government forgets that peoples' pets are part of the family too. I can just see it now. Animals abandoned everywhere, rescues full to overflowing and only the rich being able to keep pets.

Never have I seen such an evil and disgusting government as this one is who seem to blame all the ills of the country on the unemployed. Many people are unemployed through absolutely no fault of their own.

Still. The government forgets that they can just as easily get kicked out of office. As for that IDS where most of these ideas seem to come from, what is wrong with that man? Why does he have such a hatred of unemployed people? If that nasty piece of worked dropped dead I would be quite happy.

And incase people think it won't happen here it very easily could. Australia apparently has this card system and the people who are unfortunate enough to have to use one of these cards cringe with shame and embarrassment every time they have to buy something.

Cruel beyond belief but nothing I don't expect from this government. Maybe one day the people of this country will wake up and DO something about it. You can only push people so far.

With this latest outrageous proposal from this sick and twisted government, if these cards come into being and are to be used for food and bare essentials only, how are people going to feed their cat or dog? Oh wait. People on benefits aren't supposed to keep their cat or dog. This government forgets that peoples' pets are part of the family too. I can just see it now. Animals abandoned everywhere, rescues full to overflowing and only the rich being able to keep pets.

Never have I seen such an evil and disgusting government as this one is who seem to blame all the ills of the country on the unemployed. Many people are unemployed through absolutely no fault of their own.

Still. The government forgets that they can just as easily get kicked out of office. As for that IDS where most of these ideas seem to come from, what is wrong with that man? Why does he have such a hatred of unemployed people? If that nasty piece of worked dropped dead I would be quite happy.

And incase people think it won't happen here it very easily could. Australia apparently has this card system and the people who are unfortunate enough to have to use one of these cards cringe with shame and embarrassment every time they have to buy something.

Cruel beyond belief but nothing I don't expect from this government. Maybe one day the people of this country will wake up and DO something about it. You can only push people so far.

Do you really think any other government would have acted differently?

Do you really think any other government would have acted differently?

Yes I do but it certainly wouldn't be the Lib/Lab/Con who throw £billions at the EU and on foreign aid that countries don't want or need. I think the next General Election is going to be a very interesting one as UKIP seem to be gaining a lot of ground and I think it's more than mid-term protest voting. However, the British public can be a fickle lot.

Yes I do but it certainly wouldn't be the Lib/Lab/Con who throw £billions at the EU and on foreign aid that countries don't want or need. I think the next General Election is going to be a very interesting one as UKIP seem to be gaining a lot of ground and I think it's more than mid-term protest voting. However, the British public can be a fickle lot.

Unfortunately every previous government has done the same and thrwon money at the EU and foreign aid, but more so the last government. UKIP may be the way forward now that they have got rid of that prat that used to host a morning show.

Yes I do but it certainly wouldn't be the Lib/Lab/Con who throw £billions at the EU and on foreign aid that countries don't want or need.

Of course the blame is all on the EU and foreign aid. This is Daily Express propaganda. No mention of shadow banking system, artificially inflated housing market, financial repression?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"