SirCanealot

SGS3 and Vodafone - need warranty advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I hope someone can offer me some advice as I am getting very confused!

I have had a Samsung Galaxy S3 on contract from Vodafone UK for about 6 months. It has developed a crack in the plastic above the charging port (which is apparently a known manufacturing fault with the early handsets) and I have been attempting to get it repaired via Vodafone UK and Samsung UK (Vodafone currently has it in one of their repair centres). Both Samsung and Vodafone refuse to help me and claim that the crack is physical damage. It isn't, because it is a known issue...

I have been reading up about the sales of goods act, and I have noticed that before 6 months the burder of proof to prove that it is a manufacturing fault is on them and not you. However, all this is occurring at just before and just after 6 months... So I have these questions.

My 6 month mark (if I am correct, I need to check with Vodafone) is: 7/12/12. I think I sent the phone in around 13/12/12, but I'm pretty sure I reported the fault before then (I can check with Vodafone for this). If I reported the fault before the 6 month mark, would that be considered to be before 6 months within the sales of goods act?

Additionally, after I received my handset there was a problem with it (terrible screen) and I had it replaced. I think it took around 2 weeks to receive a replacement. Would I have had a "new" 6 month period in which the sales of goods act covers me against having to prove issues like this? If so, this puts me well with in the period and I can start a proper complains procedure.

I am paying a lot of money for this phone over the course of the contract, and Samsung get away with a lot of issues on their recent phones(and they really shouldn't), so I'm starting to get angry here. I'm actually considering taking it further if I do not get anywhere via email. But I need to know the answers to my two questions above before I can proceed!

Thanks very much,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

I'll leave the questions regarding how the SOGA would apply here open to the rest forum.

Generally speaking we will repair a device which has been returned to us with a fault. Naturally the work required to complete the repair has to be carried out under the guidelines of the manufacturer's warranty.

However, as you remain unhappy with the current state of affairs I'd be happy to review matters further.

To enable me to do this could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK