C R S phoned my place of work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

wondering if i should bother contacting CRS as they phoned my place of work yesterday and asked for me.

I work nights so was not there in the day time.

The person that phoned made out that she knew me and said to the person i work with who took the message that i would know what this was about.

Obviously i had never heard of CRS until i started looking for them on the internet which lead me to this website with people complaining about them.

I don't want them to start harassing my place of work so is there anything i can do about this.

As this was really embarrassing i work in a learning difficulty residential home for adults.

it is a small home full if gossipy women,

i don't like the idea that these people could contact work and ask for me as i am unaware as to how they obtained this information.

Advice please

Thanks in advance.:mad2:

Just tell the people at work that CRS are trying to sell you a loan that you do not want and if they take a call, can they ask them to stop, as this is a care home for vulnerable adults. Then there is no embarassment, as your colleagues will understand the situation. Embarrassment only comes when you have something to hide.

It is up to you whether you contact CRS. If you do so, never phone them. Just write to them.

What type of debt is this for ?

When did you last make any payment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

it against every guideline in the book for a fleecing DCA

to phone your works if they know thats your works number

complain to the ICO and the OFT .

check your CRA file too

that might give a clue

see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i hope you've cca's everyone you are paying still then..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have CRS put anything in writting yet?

You really need to stop them because of the embarassment caused and the likelyhood of gossip, the OFT Guidance 2002/2012 is specific in ''UNFAIR AND OR IMPROPER BUSINESS PRACTICES'' section 3 .3 (J) & (k). ''ignoring or disregarding debtor' reasonable requests as to when where or how to contact them'' and

''contacting debtors at unreasonable times.

You can use these once you have informed about no conact at work.

Physical/psychological harassment section 3.7 (a) ''contacting debtors at unreasonable times and/or intervals.'' and 3.7 (q) '' acting in a way likely to be publically embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or negligently, ( that is to say through lack of care).''

If you wish I can draft a letter for you to send it does not acknowledge the debt, but puts them on notice regarding their conduct.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: