Incap benefit payment problem ?

nwales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been receiving incapacity benefit for ten years and receieve a payment fortnightly into my bank account. Like thousands of others recently, I have completed the new questionnaire in the last few weeks, and am expecting all sorts of hassle to retain my benefit. However, I would normally have received my payment yesterday (Dec 18th) but no sign of it yesterday or today. Would they have simply ceased paying me without notifying me, or is it simply likely to be pre-christmas payment problems ?

Thank you

I would call your local benefit office t find out what has happened to your payment because they shouldn't just stop payment without informing you first, and I don't think it will anything to do with it being christmas

Hello,

I have been receiving incapacity benefit for ten years and receive a payment fortnightly into my bank account. Like thousands of others recently, I have completed the new questionnaire in the last few weeks, and am expecting all sorts of hassle to retain my benefit. However, I would normally have received my payment yesterday (Dec 18th) but no sign of it yesterday or today. Would they have simply ceased paying me without notifying me, or is it simply likely to be pre-christmas payment problems ?

Thank you

I would call your local benefit office t find out what has happened to your payment because they shouldn't just stop payment without informing you first, and I don't think it will anything to do with it being Christmas

Hello nwales

Additional have you checked to see if ATOS did received your ESA50,have you proof of posting/signed for ?

Where you invited for a medical at ATOS,If yes did you attend the medical ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi, That sounds a more likely , if annoying, explanation. No invite for a medical, in fact no communication of any kind as yet. I only posted the form back 3 weeks ago ( five working days before the due date of Dec 5th ) but I'm afraid it would never have occured to me to get proof of posting for an officially addressed envelope with a first class stamp on it.

I'll ring them tomorrow.

Thanks

I would certainly ring your local JCP tomorrow, I had my ATOS interrogation today, being moved from IB to the new ESA, although I won't find out if they have miraculously cured me until the new year.

Your right, I wouldn't have thought to have got proof of posting either, especially as it is their own envelopes they send out.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, That sounds a more likely , if annoying, explanation. No invite for a medical, in fact no communication of any kind as yet. I only posted the form back 3 weeks ago ( five working days before the due date of Dec 5th ) but I'm afraid it would never have occurred to me to get proof of posting for an officially addressed envelope with a first class stamp on it.

I'll ring them tomorrow.

Thanks

Best to keep a written record/copies of all you communications with ATOS/DWP and use record delivery/date post/signed for services.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Best to keep a written record/copies of all you communications with ATOS/DWP and use record delivery/date post/signed for services.

Hi, yes, I've always kept a copy of the actual forms. just didn't' think they'd want to be signing for tens of thousands of recorded delivery envelopes. By the way, is it the case that even if you qualify for the new benefit, it will then be means tested, so if my husband's part- time salary and pension is over a certain amount, I will no longer qualify for anything ? I suppose we are lucky in that we don't need the benefit to survive, but it was my only form of income after thirty-odd years of working and paying into the system, and I've still got 3 years to go before I get my pension (unless they keep moving the goalposts on that as well )

Thanks

Just a quick update - it arrived in my a/c this morning, 2 days later than usual, so obviously the form must have gotten there. No need to think about it over Christmas now. My last medical was about 8 years ago, at which it was discovered that I could move my arms and legs, so was obviously fit for work. This decision was thrown out at an appeals tribunal, but I can't rely on getting a sympathetic panel again. A friend who actually works in the job centre has told me that after a successful transition to the new benefit, the next step is being called in to see them and working out what income you have coming in to see if you still qualify for it. Which makes me wonder whether it's even worth bothering going for the medical, as my husband's income is around £30k p.a. , which I'm sure must be too much for me to still qualify if it's to become means-tested. My friend tells me that there is a growing number of people in their 60's being forced to join the jobseekers' ranks, as their benefits are cut and they are now still too young to get their pensions. How mad is that, when there aren't enough jobs for the young people ???

Anyway, thank you for your replies and a Happy Christmas to all.

Best Regards

Just a quick update - it arrived in my a/c this morning, 2 days later than usual, so obviously the form must have gotten there. No need to think about it over Christmas now. My last medical was about 8 years ago, at which it was discovered that I could move my arms and legs, so was obviously fit for work. This decision was thrown out at an appeals tribunal, but I can't rely on getting a sympathetic panel again. A friend who actually works in the job centre has told me that after a successful transition to the new benefit, the next step is being called in to see them and working out what income you have coming in to see if you still qualify for it. Which makes me wonder whether it's even worth bothering going for the medical, as my husband's income is around £30k p.a. , which I'm sure must be too much for me to still qualify if it's to become means-tested. My friend tells me that there is a growing number of people in their 60's being forced to join the jobseekers' ranks, as their benefits are cut and they are now still too young to get their pensions. How mad is that, when there aren't enough jobs for the young people ???

Anyway, thank you for your replies and a Happy Christmas to all.

Best Regards

Glad you got your payment and a happy Xmas and all the best for 2013 to you...