phill pounder

PayPal Poor Service

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2484 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I bought an item from a UK branch of a Chinese firm called called Hobby King, and used PayPal.

When the item arrived it was clearly faulty so I emailed the complaint to the firm and was asked to return it to the outlet in Ipswich at my expense. I pointed out that under the Distance Selling Regulations the return postage was paid by the vendor. They refused, so I phoned PayPal, who raised a complaint and got back to me next day to tell me that as PayPal was not UK based, I would have to pay postage, and I had to post the goods back to Hong Kong, the head office of Hobby King..!

This was bcause PayPal deal with that address..

I offered them the Ipswich address but they said no.

So using PayPal means that any faulty goods must be returned at your expense to the company head office wherever that may be, not to the place of purchase. In my case that means a postage cost of £25 to return a £54 item.

Seems I have been had.

Phill

Hello phill pounder, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

How did you fund paypal payment ?

paypal funds, bank account or debit/credit card?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

How did you fund paypal payment ?

paypal funds, bank account or debit/credit card?

paypal funds, regrettably...

It appears you are mixing two different terms..Paypal offer a certain amount of protection, and the DSR allows more and as you have mentioned, the cost of postage, although Im not 100% certain if that applies to goods bought from a foreign country. I cant quite see where Ipswich comes into it, did the item arrive from China ?

Andy