Urgent **Citi's solicitors active** Urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just had a long missive fromone 'Brian Smith' solicitor and I shall be posting my reply for blessings (or otherwise) before despatch. However (there's always one of those!) he does quote a case "Kissick v Citifinancial Europe plc" where he maintains that the 'fairness' of the £12 was put to the test - not found wanting - case dismissed. I am presuming (hate the word) that this might have been at Salford County Court since he (Smith) already promises to 'exercise the defendant's right to have the claim transferred to its home court' ; he then names Salford County Court. Any advice on 'Kissick etc' please or can someone give me a steer on how to find out? Did they REALLY manage to get one 'over the wire' whilst we weren't lookin'??

I SHALL return

I got the same letter (similar).

Think that case was one where he had not prepared and lost for that reason only. Someone elsew should know for sure.

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Thanks folks.

In view of Martin's and LTWFB's comments on "Citi repayment..."thread ~157 et al, it might be foolish for me to publish a 'blow by blow' response for "all" to see; in the first instance I shall PM Martin3030 and LTWFB if that is acceptable?

Hi - don't worry. Brian is sending that letter to everyone trying to put them off.

He can't have the case transferred to Salford as Citi is a company and the claimant, as an individual will have the case heard at their own home court.

PM Martin3030 if you need any advice on the wording as Citi monitor these threads (and print them out and then try to - unsuccessfully - use parts of them in hearings, as I know to my experience)

lickthewallfatboy will also be able to help with what is currently happening.

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

Indeed. Citi may well have put that to the test - in a CLOSED hearing without the claimant being privy to the information - either BEFORE, or indeed at the court.

There are things afoot ;-)

Also, they have been ordered to disclose in another court since then, so time will tell ;-)

Personally, I would continue as before. If they want to play this game, then fair play. We're more determined than their solicitors are paid, if you catch my drift. Enjoy it!

Plus, other things are afoot regarding their access to this forum ;-)

(Maybe they should have read the rules :-) )

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Received a letter from Brian Smith last week. His letter stated that the OFT ruling does not apply to mortgages and they think their charges are fair and they will not be giving me anything back.

This is on an account they say they cannot trace.

Whether or not they find the account dosen't really bother me as there is a default attached to the account which I want rid of, so either way I will be a winner.

These guys just get funnier, it was the OFT statement which drew everyones attention to the charges issue. Even before that you could have deemed any charge which resulted in a profit as unlawful.

Kennyh, you should also be made aware that Citi will most likely try and persuade you that you are due more or less than the total amounts on your spreadsheet. Its a tactic they have tried with 6+ of us on here.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.