Need help! Lewis group/brilliant gift shop

seadragon86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in need of help on how to deal with this debt i have.

I'm currently not working due to being made redundant and currently on the look out for work, so paying this debt at the minute is not my main concern.

However, i am receiving 3 phone calls a day regarding this debt and it's getting annoying, i have everytime told them i will only deal with them in writing.

I received a letter stating the balance and asking them to contact them via phone.

They also say in the letter that "if we do not receieve full payment or hear from you by the 20th of december, we will transfer your account to our field agents and arrange for a collector to call at my home address and discuss how this debt will be paid"

What would my next step be?

I know i owe the debt to the brilliant gift shop, but i don't owe the debt to lewis debt recovery.

At this moment in time, i'm unable to make payment so what step should i take?

Thanks for your help,

When they ring, laugh and hang up, and repeat this, alternatively answer, then put the handset in the drawer, and go and do something much more interesting, like watching paint dry.

Keep a diary of events regarding their criminal offence of harassment, once you have told them NOT to ring, then the very next call is harassment and you should not only report them to the police for the criminal offence, but lodge a formal complaint to Ofcom, the OFT & TS.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

Send them this, via 2nd class post BUT obtain "Proof of Posting" which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

how old is this debt?

how much is it for?

lots of charges?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt is about 18 months to 2 years old,

it's a debt of £198.53

The original debt was about £45, long story but completely forgot to make payment as my job consisted being abroad and was over there for a while.

Now i'm back and have been sent letters and phone calls being made. This has just started to happen recently..

you say it was £45 not this figure..

urm ever get any statements...

bet you've loads of unlawful £12 penalty fees [over/late/letter/phonecall/debtmanagement]

you can reclaim ALL those

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, certainly not this figure, around the £45 mark, the original order was around £100 and i know i paid half off before i went abroad.

Only ever had a couple of statements and these were the first couple of months of the account, never actually had any since.

How would i go about this? what would be my first step?

Also, what do i have to send 2nd class as the above poster said to send, can't seem to find what i have to send for them to stop phone calls.

Thank you for your help, i appreciate it.

yuou could send the telephone harrassment letter to lewis

see our green library tab above, left

i'd send an SAR to JD williams

dx

and they