seadragon86

Need help! Lewis group/brilliant gift shop

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm in need of help on how to deal with this debt i have.

I'm currently not working due to being made redundant and currently on the look out for work, so paying this debt at the minute is not my main concern.

However, i am receiving 3 phone calls a day regarding this debt and it's getting annoying, i have everytime told them i will only deal with them in writing.

I received a letter stating the balance and asking them to contact them via phone.

They also say in the letter that "if we do not receieve full payment or hear from you by the 20th of december, we will transfer your account to our field agents and arrange for a collector to call at my home address and discuss how this debt will be paid"

What would my next step be?

I know i owe the debt to the brilliant gift shop, but i don't owe the debt to lewis debt recovery.

At this moment in time, i'm unable to make payment so what step should i take?

Thanks for your help,

When they ring, laugh and hang up, and repeat this, alternatively answer, then put the handset in the drawer, and go and do something much more interesting, like watching paint dry.

Keep a diary of events regarding their criminal offence of harassment, once you have told them NOT to ring, then the very next call is harassment and you should not only report them to the police for the criminal offence, but lodge a formal complaint to Ofcom, the OFT & TS.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

Send them this, via 2nd class post BUT obtain "Proof of Posting" which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Will make sure i tell them "not to ring anymore" the next time they phone up.

Sorry for being a little dumb, what do i send them? had a look on the link but not sure what to send them via 2nd class.

how old is this debt?

how much is it for?

lots of charges?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The debt is about 18 months to 2 years old,

it's a debt of £198.53

The original debt was about £45, long story but completely forgot to make payment as my job consisted being abroad and was over there for a while.

Now i'm back and have been sent letters and phone calls being made. This has just started to happen recently..

you say it was £45 not this figure..

urm ever get any statements...

bet you've loads of unlawful £12 penalty fees [over/late/letter/phonecall/debtmanagement]

you can reclaim ALL those

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Yes, certainly not this figure, around the £45 mark, the original order was around £100 and i know i paid half off before i went abroad.

Only ever had a couple of statements and these were the first couple of months of the account, never actually had any since.

How would i go about this? what would be my first step?

Also, what do i have to send 2nd class as the above poster said to send, can't seem to find what i have to send for them to stop phone calls.

Thank you for your help, i appreciate it.

yuou could send the telephone harrassment letter to lewis

see our green library tab above, left

i'd send an SAR to JD williams

dx

spreadsheets 

why not simply phone the original creditor and try to come to some agreement, at the very least get a statement sent to you from them

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)