The Government are Losing Their War

Lady Lou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do not think it is a war that any of us can afford to lose. However how we do it i am not sure. We all know people who get benefits that in a fair society they should not be getting. But how you stop that without hurting the genuine i do not know.

I'd rather that a few who are working the system get through the net, than those who are vulnerable and in need get choked by the net - which is what is happening now.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I do not think it is a war that any of us can afford to lose. However how we do it i am not sure. We all know people who get benefits that in a fair society they should not be getting. But how you stop that without hurting the genuine i do not know.

Hi have you seen the latest benefit figures, £20 billon unclaimed in benefits owed. Tax evasion, £500 billion dodged. What planet do yo live on? Do you vote ConDems?

Hi have you seen the latest benefit figures, £20 billon unclaimed in benefits owed. Tax evasion, £500 billion dodged. What planet do yo live on? Do you vote ConDems?

Yeah, look - let's be civil to each other, 'k?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I dont know about the government losing.

I went to their poll and it has 2 very cleverly worded questions to manipulate views and answers.

Do you think it’s fair that people can claim more in benefits than the average family earns through going to work?

Do you think benefits should be increased more than wages?

The questions alone are misleading, because the tax cut on personal allowance alone will boost wages more than inflation, secondly they ignoring that the typical benefit claimant is living on a lot less than the typical full time worker.

The question about people getting more on benefits than those going to work, is very misleading, there is a few situations where a claimant can get more than someone working but this is typically associated with someone who has children because its child related benefits that are generous, yet that part of welfare has barely been touched.

Of course my final point been that they keep going on about fairness, when if life was fair there would be a job available for everyone at equal pay and noone would fall ill.

Also that anyone filling in this poll can not say anything meaningful as they have limited any comments to an extremely short amount that is barely enough to say one sentence. Clearly they only interested in the yes/no counts on misleading questions.

Do you think it’s fair that people can claim more in benefits than the average family earns through going to work?

Two different situations are being compared here. The person who claims more in benefits might be a carer. They've kept it quiet that carers will face the benefit cap. I certainly have no issue with a carer (who may work 24/7 and have no breaks) claiming more than £26k in benefits per year. They save the country billions each year anyway.

Do you think benefits should be increased more than wages?

But they're not.

The fact that disabled or very sick individuals can claim more in benefits than some skivvy on a part time low wage job tells me that wages need to rise. The unjustice is that the managers and execitives are having huge pay increases and not that ill and disabled are being given a fair amount to live on in some comfort.

But these condems have decided to shine the torch on us scroungers, blaming us for low wages and it seems the deficit. Turning the workers against us, devide and rule. The unions used to be the demon and now its our turn.

Sadly though the british sheeple beleive the millionairs who have been placed in government. These sock puppets in the theatre of westminster serve their masters, democracy is dead. Welcome to plutocracy my friends.

I agree the fix is to push up wages not to decrease sickness payments.

I dont know how many sick people get more than min wage income tho, I certianly dont. Maybe possible if someone got full DLA and IB/ESA together? But of course someone can still get full DLA whilst working as well since DLA is not an unemployment benefit so shouldnt count.

The fact that disabled or very sick individuals can claim more in benefits than some skivvy on a part time low wage job tells me that wages need to rise.

You're comparing two different situations. A disabled person generally incurs extra costs; therefore, needs extra money to meet these costs.

I think its arguable the tory leaders are deliberatly inciting unrest between different parts of society, the question is that a crime someone can be arrested for.

eg. if I manipulated 2 people to fight each other in the street is that a crime? because I see it as the same thing.

Which ever party was in government i would be saying stop the cheats be that benefits or tax. The benefits system is broken,so is the tax system. Everyone blames the Tories for everything but frankly labour did a pretty good job of screwing it up. I am on benefits and i hate the way i had to act to get the right benefits.

Well according to the governments own figures less than 0.5% of benefit claimants were cheating the system.

Yep, and let's be clear - this isn't really about cheats. Even if it were possible to eliminate all fraud and error overnight, the amount is too small to be significant. The aim of current government rhetoric is to blur, in the public eye, the line between cheats and honest claimants.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well i didn't know that figure but from long experience it does surprise me. In my time i have known a few cheats or people who have managed to abuse the system. As i said i am on ESA and hand on heart i do not know if i could cope with work until i try it. Therefore after xmas i have an appointment to discuss permitted work.

There is,and has been,a long held perception that there are too many career benefit claimants and young single mothers who think a baby gets them a house.

I say use a bit of self control and contraception. :)

As a raving homo that's hardly an option for me