Is my Form 4 complaint justified? **Result + Compo Award**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent it was time a Jacobs bailiff had a slap.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

For all of us that are interested in the outcome of your case can you provide a few more details.

I would like to wait for the "court papers" to come through (5/10 days), I will then expand.

I would like to be accurate regarding the judges comments and conclusions. It was my first experience in a court, and representing myself, it will take some digesting and understanding. I would like my experience to be useful to as many people as possible.

I am still pressing my LA to come up with some legal answers regarding this bailiff, and will let you know how that proceeds too. It seems that the bailiff companies are also the LA's advisers on bailiff matters.

I ask a hypothetical question..........................

If a LA gets a complaint from you about the dog barking next door, should they let the owner of the dog deal with the complaint?

It seems as though this is what happens with bailiffs in my borough, and it is wrong.

I ask a hypothetical question................. .........

If a LA gets a complaint from you about the dog barking next door, should they let the owner of the dog deal with the complaint?

It seems as though this is what happens with bailiffs in my borough, and it is wrong.

I don't quite understand the question - surely if a complaint is received then the Dog owner would need to be advised in order to respond ? Or is that not what you are asking ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Advised YES

Left to deal with/handle the complaint? NO.

Righto understand ... but not sure how the Person (dog) being complained about can handle the complaint.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer this one for you :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is one local authority that need to be reminded that they are wholly responsible for the levy and fees charged by THEIR AGENTS !!!

Also, from the many bailiff contracts that I have seen it is commonly the case that there is a provision that the bailiff provider must advise the local authority of any Form 4 complaint. It may be worth asking the question of the LA...

Sorry to be a bit cryptic.

Essentially what happens, it seems, is that my LA send any complaint about a bailiff, to the bailiff company to handle.!!

The LA should also investigate the matter themselves and consult with their provider. As TT says, LA's are wholly responsible for their Bailiffs actions. Might be worth now heading to the LGO if the LA are refusing to deal with the complaint, if you haven't done do already?

Which Council is this?

Hi and a very well done to the OP

Just an 'out there' thought.

As the local authority are responsible for the bailiffs actions and he has been proved to be acting in an unlawful way, wouldn't a formal complaint to the LA be in order as well.

As has been previously mentioned, the LA passed the buck to the bailiffs so, if they were to reject any complaint (after following their procedures) I would think the Local Government Ombudsman would be interested.

OR am I too 'out there' :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When i carried out my form 4 the LGO wasnt interested as they said I had taken my own route of complaint and that they couldnt interfere with that process. But this was 6 years ago so things may have changed. It may be worth a mention, but wouldnt ou have to go through the complaints procedures first.

The LGO will not get involved if an "alternative remedy" has been taken.

There is a huge amount of misinformation on the internet regarding issuing an N1 claim in the County Court with some less informed websites stating that a court cannot order costs to be payable by a losing party. This is absolute nonsense and is the main reason why I have always advocated that the first step should be to issue a Formal Stage One Complaint to the LOCAL AUTHORITY as they are wholly responsible for the levy and all fees charged by their agent. If the LA reject the complaint there is the provision for it to be reconsidered by a different dept as a Stage Two Complaint. If you are not satisfied at the response then the matter can be referred to the LGO to investigate. Crucially, taking this route of complaint costs NOTHING.

If however a debtor even issued a claim form and within a day decided to stop the action the LGO cannot get involved. This happened to a debtor earlier this year and the summons had not even been sent to the local authority !!!

In the particular case with lgwarren I would be inclined to think that as the bailiff has lost his certificate the LA would find it very difficult indeed to reject a complaint.

This is one local authority that need to be reminded that they are wholly responsible for the levy and fees charged by THEIR AGENTS !!!

Also, from the many bailiff contracts that I have seen it is commonly the case that there is a provision that the bailiff provider must advise the local authority of any Form 4 complaint. It may be worth asking the question of the LA...

My strategy with this is as follows.

I have dealt with this incident in court, and my previous experience (early on) is that the council will say that my complaint has been dealt with by the courts. Therefore I have turned my reasons for wanting to complain, into an enquiry of the LA.

The first is regarding clamping. I have asked under what legislation are they allowing their bailiffs to clamp when collecting PCN's. In the 6/8 weeks I have had numerous spurious answers, with which I am systematically dealing with. Not one satisfactory answer yet.

Secondly I have asked if they allow a "van/attendance fee where there is no valid levy" . Again I have not had a conclusive answer. Ie Yes or No.

Again thank you for your congrats. I will get back when the judgement gets to me re the form4.

I would just like to say that although my personal issue may have ended, I intend to pursue the other wrongs that I have seen during my brief experience with a bailiff.