m hussain

Paying for a log book loan that isnt mine

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2491 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi i had to pay 3000 for a loan that wasnt mine because of a car i bought in good faith

,why should i pay for somebody else ,

they seized the car because the police told me to give it to them and i would have my day at court bull>

>>>t it was going to be auctioned if i didnt pay so i had to fork out 3000

can somebody advice me what i can do

Hi M Hussain,

Welcome to CAG.

I am sure the experts will be along shortly but in the meatime can you provide more information, e.g. was the car purchased from a dealer or direct, did you do an HPI check, who was the loan provider, was it baliffs that turned up, etc...

This is probably best in the 'Vehicle reposession' or 'General debt' forum - I will ask site team to move this to the correct forum

G

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem with the car.

It sounds like you should be considering making a claim in the small claims court for a refund of the £3,000. The most important thing we need to know is the exact legal basis for the loan company's actions. Was it a Bill of Sale? Hire Purchase? This matters.

If you don't know, then you need to write a letter to the loan company stating that (1) you dispute their right to the car, (2) you are considering making a claim against them for a refund of the money, (3) please confirm the basis on which they claimed a right over the car within 14 days and if they don't reply you will issue court proceedings without further notice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS