braintreemac

CCJ Help needed - welcome / howard cohen

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

new to site - help please :-)

i have a ccj against me for over £10k through northampton court

original creditor is Welcome Finance who passed on to howard cohen solicitors

i haven't received any communication by phone or post regading this debt, which was issued by court in 2009

i haven't taken out a loan with welcome, and i also understand they are no longer trading?

i wondered if anyone had any advice on what to do?

i don't particularly want this hanging over me, but at the same time i don't want to alert people to it and then start a whole new saga to dispute it etc

ta

Was a Judegement actually made? Have you checked trustonline for this? Does anything show on credit reference files?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi BRIGADIER2JCS

is on credit reference files (experian and equifax) and is also on trustonline, so i can only presume that a judgement was made (although i'm no expert)

i find it amazing that for such a large value (imo) i haven't received any kind of communication from anyone, post or phone

Thread moved to Legal forum

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

hi all

new to site - help please :-)

i have a ccj against me for over £10k through northampton court

original creditor is Welcome Finance who passed on to howard cohen solicitors

i haven't received any communication by phone or post regading this debt, which was issued by court in 2009

i haven't taken out a loan with welcome, and i also understand they are no longer trading?

i wondered if anyone had any advice on what to do?

i don't particularly want this hanging over me, but at the same time i don't want to alert people to it and then start a whole new saga to dispute it etc

ta

How long ago was the judgement registered and what was the judgement order?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

How long ago was the judgement registered and what was the judgement order?

date is 27th april 2009 - doesn't say "judgement order" anywhere ?????

So is there no order to pay ''forthwith'' or by installments?

No one has ever instructed how or when to make the payments?

Let be then up to the creditor to chase it .

Let be then up to the creditor to chase it .

Problem is I'm trying to get finance for a car and, of course, this affecting it

Experian tell me it won't go until court / creditor confirms its paid, written off or whatever else

Catch 22

Yes but the CCJ is a matter of public record and remains so for 6 years I can't think of any thing you can do.

i haven't taken out a loan with welcome

Erm...if you are absolutely sure that you have never had any dealings/business with Welcome then it can't be right that a CCJ is awarded against you.

Or have I missed something?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I've missed a lot here I think!!