Credit Reference agency information, incorrect

Nerobert2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My credit isn't great, so I looked at my credit reports on Equifax, Experian CreditExpert and CallCredit. I

was amazed at how much of the information was completely wrong.

I've now written about two dozen letters to financial organisations, including letters to the three agencies themselves,

but although I've got some things corrected, there are still dozens of errors.

It's pretty serious because anyone searching my file will get a bad report, even though all debt was cleared two years ago.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and is there an organisation that will force these financial institutions to make the required changes?

Frustrated of Shropshire

so what are the issues

if you credit was settled 2 yrs ago, bad markers will still show under the history of any account.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My credit isn't great, so I looked at my credit reports on Equifax, Experian CreditExpert and CallCredit. I

was amazed at how much of the information was completely wrong.

I've now written about two dozen letters to financial organisations, including letters to the three agencies themselves,

but although I've got some things corrected, there are still dozens of errors.

It's pretty serious because anyone searching my file will get a bad report, even though all debt was cleared two years ago.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and is there an organisation that will force these financial institutions to make the required changes?

Frustrated of Shropshire

As DX has said if you have settled a debt or satisfied a default the entry remains for the balance of the 6 year period, all defaults are removed after 6 years paid or not.

In what way due consider these entries are incorect, please give us some details then we will be able to advise more fully.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Of course, bad history will be visible for up to six years. However, in my case the credit file is showing me owing money up to last month for many of these financial institutions. I've managed to get some of them to change the status to 'settled' but they show the account as settled in December 2012. They should be showing me as zero balance from July 2010 and settled in 2010.

Only the company that placed the entry can change it, the CRA cannot unilaterally amend any entry, so you must write to the data controller of each company and put your case for them to amend the entry.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have written to each of the banks and other companies individually and listed the problems that need correcting. I have also written to the CRA's (Credit Reference Agencies) to have them help with wrong linked addresses, addresses I've never lived at, companies I've never heard of. They have been generally helpful, and have altered the data relevant to them and also contacted the organisations involved. They have also posted a notice of correction for me at my request. But, there is a limit to what they can do, as they can't make changes to the account conduct data, as that is the job of the institutions. In writing to one bank that had seven errors on my files, they made one change to one CRA. I then had to write again to get them to update the other two CRAs. The situation seems to be that I have to write a separate letter for each incorrect entry. If I try and mention more than one, they can't handle it. They only make one change. This is why I have written dozens of letters and I amfacing writing dozens more which will take months.

Go to the Data Controller who is responsible for the information they hold and use being correct, you must have a large number of accounts?