SouthernWater - Installing Meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, so not sure if this is the right place but I hope it is.

I'm currently in a DMP and am really struggling to pay my bills. When I moved into my rented flat the agent mislead me to believe the water was included. This was eventually put straight after 5 years of being at the property and no water bill EVER being charged (even with the tenants and owners before me).

Southern have been very helpful and are only charging us for 3 years (including the current) and we are in a special payment thing where every £1 we pay of they pay off another.

Last week I found out that they are going to be putting meter in to all the properties on my street - I'm really concerned that this will increase my water bill - has anyone got an experience with the switch as such?

I've already lowered my DMP in my last 2 reviews as my pay is not going up and the cost of living is going up. I am getting really anxcoious about it.

Any response is much appreciated.

Lilla

I had a meter installed a couple of years ago and my water bills halved. Generally if there are less (or the same) number of people in a property than there are bedrooms then a meter usually reduces the bill. Ensure that you have all the water saving devices. They are generally available at no cost (or nominal amount) from your water supplier. These will include something that goes in the toilet cistern to reduce the water used in each flush, aerators that fit onto your taps, and a restrictor that fits onto the shower hose.

Have showers rather than baths, and never use the washing machine for less than a full load.

OH and don't install a swimming pool. :-)

I had a meter installed a couple of years ago and my water bills halved. Generally if there are less (or the same) number of people in a property than there are bedrooms then a meter usually reduces the bill. Ensure that you have all the water saving devices. They are generally available at no cost (or nominal amount) from your water supplier. These will include something that goes in the toilet cistern to reduce the water used in each flush, aerators that fit onto your taps, and a restrictor that fits onto the shower hose.

Have showers rather than baths, and never use the washing machine for less than a full load.

OH and don't install a swimming pool. :-)

Thank you, there are 2 of us in a one bedroom flat, but we aren't exactly massive water users, thank you for the tips! I will definitely get on the water saving devises.