confusedbunny

DLA Back dated appeal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2499 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me....I am posting on behalf of a friend, who i am helping with his disabilty claim....

July 2012-Made a claim for DLA

Sept 2012-refused on both mobility and care

4th Oct 2012-re-appealed

13th Nov 2012-won appeal, awarded high mobility and high care

The letter states that payment will start from Oct 2012,appeal date, surely it should be from July 2012,no?

Also, to qualify, he needed to have had the illness/disability 3 months previous to July 2012, which we stated on original form, as his care started from march 2012, can we ask to be backdated to March 2012 aswell? Or is it just from wwhen he claimed?

Any advice would be appreciated....

Hi I do not know the reg's now but when I applied for DLA had similar to you refused then appeal etc I got my DLA mobility and care back dated to start of claim between 25 and 30 weeks.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me....I am posting on behalf of a friend, who i am helping with his disabilty claim....

July 2012-Made a claim for DLA

Sept 2012-refused on both mobility and care

4th Oct 2012-re-appealed

13th Nov 2012-won appeal, awarded high mobility and high care

The letter states that payment will start from Oct 2012,appeal date, surely it should be from July 2012,no?

Also, to qualify, he needed to have had the illness/disability 3 months previous to July 2012, which we stated on original form, as his care started from march 2012, can we ask to be backdated to March 2012 aswell? Or is it just from wwhen he claimed?

Any advice would be appreciated....

dLA should start from the date the claim was accepted - either the date stamped on the form when sent out to you, or if not date stamped, then the date received by the DWP. Write to them questionning the start date - could just be someone input the wrong date into the system. No it can't be backdated March.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

There's normally 2 dates on the form. It should be back dated to the earlier date, (form request date) unless the needs have lasted less than 3 months.

My friend called them today and they said that although the claim was submitted in July 2012, he dont get DLA for the first 3 months of his illness, despite him stating that he was ill 4-5 months prior to initial claim (no medical evidence for march-July 2012) but is for July 2012 onwards....is that right, they do not pay the first 3 months of illness? (they said if he appeals, he could lose award altogether!!)....

If he can't provide medical evidence for the period March-July, then he may just have to accept it. I take it the appeal wasn't won at Tribunal?

I wouldn't advise someone to appeal a high care, high mob decision, with no medical evidence, to query the start date of the care and mobility needs.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

is that right, they do not pay the first 3 months of illness? (they said if he appeals, he could lose award altogether!!)....

That's right. With the exception of terminally ill people, you have to have the care and /or mobility needs (not the diagnosis) for at least 3 months)

Hi when I applied you had to have been diagnosed for 6 months prior to claim

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640