style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been leasing this property since beginning of oct.. so nearly 12 weeks..

since then we have needed our hot water tanks and dishwasher replaced.. which was done in about 2/3 weeks... we also have the front screen door that is broken.. and we have been asking to get this fixed since the start..

i was told that i needed to urgently send in the user manuals in.. as it is a just before christmas and i have a 4 month old im very busy so i told them i would drop off at my own convince or if it was that urgent she could come pick up..

because of my response i got hit with an inspection the last monday..

my door still isnt fixed.. and i get an email today telling me someone would be round to fix today.. no time?? also in the email is the landlord asking us to not park on the front grass.. and to weed the gardens..

The garden had weeds in it before we moved in!! i dont have time to fix up there garden...

what are my wrights??? can we park on the grass in our yard that we rent??

i am more than happy to keep the property yard at the standard it was when we moved in...

The landlord seems to be just being just being a pain in my ass because i asked for a few repairs to the property so it would be suitable to live in.. we are not the tenants from hell... quiet the opposite...

just want to live in peace!!

Please any Advice would be good..

A 3 month inspection is about right for new tenants, you invited her round to pick up the user manuals so she just combined both visits.

I would suggest it is quite reasonable to ask you not to park on the front grass, esp if there is a private drive or hard-standing provided. How many vehicles have you got?

Not sure what you mean about 'screen' door. If it is not for security, just an insect screen, can you not just remove it from the hinges and store, pending LL repair? not many flies about this time of year. There can always be teething problems for new Ts and LL replaced the hot water tank & dishwaher fairly quickly; could you have organised replacements any quicker?

Don't know how large the garden is but I would expect Ts to at least keep weeds to the level at move in. 30 mins work now could save you an hour+ come Spring, or when you wish to vacate.

Whilst you have 'rights' you also have a resp to act in a 'tenant-like manner' & undertake minor upkeep, to maintain property in similar condition to when you moved in