Re: Incapacity Benefit stopped for Mum

GingerRav
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had to register and tell you about my Mum when I read this thread.

Last year, she was 'Reassessed' and given 6 points which meant that she could no longer claim Incapacity Benefit. She appealed and it took nearly 12 months for her case to be heard. All this time, she wasn't recieving the payment that she depended on. It put her through hell. She suffers numerous ailments including Menieres, Fibromyalgia and depression. The last 12 months has seen her health visibly decline through the stress caused by this process. We recently went to court and my Mums appeal was allowed. In a 20 minutes chat, a Judge and a qualified doctor trebled the score awarded to my Mum.

The judge also wrote on the decsion, "The tribunal recommends that the department does not reassess for 12 months".

Now, the Job Centre are on to my Mum again and she has got to attend another interview at the Job Centre in the morning to see if she is fit for work. It's disgusting. How can they get away with treating people like this? My Mum is in bits again. She thought it was all over after the 12 months of stress and even going to court. This has absolutely destroyed her. I've taken the morning off work to go with her. I'm fuming!!:-x