what happens at a work program interview with your jobcentre advisor?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've just signed in to my emails and discovered a company had invited me to attend interview last friday, it's not a vancancy i was matched to by my advisor but i did apply for it off the directgov website. will the jobcentre find out and if so will i get sanctioned?

please help, advice needed :oops:

I would email the company and say you have only just found the email and you would be very grateful if they could rearrange. Maybe give some guff about limited internet access and include a phone number.

i've just emailed them saying something simular, it wasn't a matched vacancy but will the jobcentre find out and what will happen if they do?

i'm not going to tell them and i'm hopeing the company won't either *fingers crossed* :fear:

The Jobseeker Direct website is available to everyone, whether on benefits or not. If you didn't tell the Jobcentre you applied, and the company doesn't know you're on JSA, it seems highly unlikely that there would be a problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The Jobseeker Direct website is available to everyone, whether on benefits or not. If you didn't tell the Jobcentre you applied, and the company doesn't know you're on JSA, it seems highly unlikely that there would be a problem.

well i put the position in my jobseekers log but i didn't tell them verbally i had applied for it, also i wasn't matched to the vacancy by my adviser and the company as far as i'm aware don't know i'm on jobseekers so i guess it's a waiting game to see if the jobcentre say anything about it :undecided:

well i put the position in my jobseekers log but i didn't tell them verbally i had applied for it, also i wasn't matched to the vacancy by my adviser and the company as far as i'm aware don't know i'm on jobseekers so i guess it's a waiting game to see if the jobcentre say anything about it :undecided:

If it was just in your JSA diary, I think you'll be fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

is it only vacancies you were matched to by your adviser that your at risk of sanction from or all vancancies you apply from there?

Up until last week or so, JCP had no way to know whether you had applied for any given vacancy if you weren't matched to it and didn't tell them about it. Even if you mentioned it in your fortnightly diary, it's unlikely anyone at JCP would have the time or inclination to check up on you - they see so many people, and there aren't enough staff to keep such close tabs on everyone who claims JSA.

Universal Jobmatch may change that to some extent. I'm not sure how, exactly, as it seems the system is still not fully implemented. But that's only just started.

• 4 weeks later...

you will go in a room with other people like you,and the advisor will explain all you have to do ,then you will see your adviser once a fortnight,and show them your job diary,normally takes 10 mins,

sometimes they ask you to do a job search on their computers,thats it really.

you will go in a room with other people like you,and the advisor will explain all you have to do ,then you will see your adviser once a fortnight,and show them your job diary,normally takes 10 mins,

sometimes they ask you to do a job search on their computers,thats it really.

so it won't be a one to one interview with my advisor? i haven't been refered anywhere yet by the jobcentre.

the only involvement the JCP will have with regards to your claim when you are part of the work program is your fortnightly signing unless you are not able to show you have been actively seeking or available as per your JSAg and then you will be referred to a JCP adviser to gather full details regarding a DMA referral.

Work Program are your adviser in place of the JCP adviser iygwim?

the only involvement the JCP will have with regards to your claim when you are part of the work program is your fortnightly signing unless you are not able to show you have been actively seeking or available as per your JSAg and then you will be referred to a JCP adviser to gather full details regarding a DMA referral.

Work Program are your adviser in place of the JCP adviser iygwim?

so because an appointment for me has been made with my advisor does this mean im been sanctioned or will she just explain everything about the work programme to me? :???:

If the meeting that you are attending is at the JCP Office, and the purpose of the meeting is to assign you to the Work Programme, then the aim of the session (which will last about 30 minutes) is to provide information, develop an Action Plan with you (where you specify a Job Objective), and when they contact the Work Programme Provider with your details.

You should then get a telephone call within a few days from the WP Provider, and invite you to a meeting. Which Provider ? Refer to the following link

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/cpa-preferred-bidders.pdf

At the first Work Programme meeting, the WP provider will ask roughly the same questions which JCP Staff asked you at the allocation meeting, and will then try to persuade you to sign a Data Protection Waiver. It is not necessary for you to sign the document - and even if they threaten you with a sanction, there is no legal obligation for you to sign.

so because an appointment for me has been made with my advisor does this mean im been sanctioned or will she just explain everything about the work programme to me? :???:

It is important to realise that your only obligation is to Job Centre Plus, and to the Job Seekers Agreement, which will remain active insofar as you remain unemployed. Although Job Centre Plus may require you to attend the Work Programme until such time as they tell you otherwise, as soon as you get a job and sign off, then you can forget about them and need not contact them for any reason.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

If the meeting that you are attending is at the JCP Office, and the purpose of the meeting is to assign you to the Work Programme, then the aim of the session (which will last about 30 minutes) is to provide information, develop an Action Plan with you (where you specify a Job Objective), and when they contact the Work Programme Provider with your details.

You should then get a telephone call within a few days from the WP Provider, and invite you to a meeting. Which Provider ? Refer to the following link

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/cpa-preferred-bidders.pdf

At the first Work Programme meeting, the WP provider will ask roughly the same questions which JCP Staff asked you at the allocation meeting, and will then try to persuade you to sign a Data Protection Waiver. It is not necessary for you to sign the document - and even if they threaten you with a sanction, there is no legal obligation for you to sign.

It is important to realise that your only obligation is to Job Centre Plus, and to the Job Seekers Agreement, which will remain active insofar as you remain unemployed. Although Job Centre Plus may require you to attend the Work Programme until such time as they tell you otherwise, as soon as you get a job and sign off, then you can forget about them and need not contact them for any reason.

thanks for the information, is it possible that i won't get my first appointment at the WP provider until the new year?

Most of the WP providers are finishing on Friday until the new year so yes it is likely that you won't hear from them until then :)

are igneus and seetec closing from friday untill the new year? they are the two who provide the WP in my area.

thanks for the information, is it possible that i won't get my first appointment at the WP provider until the new year?

You may get the call inviting you to the interview within a few days of the meeting at JCP, and likely that it will be scheduled after New Year.

I suggest that you review the information contained within http://consent.me.uk/, understand your rights, start a Twitter account, and follow @boycottworkfare and @refuted - that way you will get a live feed of significant updates. Also, if you need urgent help, you can either post a message her, or short message via Twitter.

It is important to realise that the Welfare To Work Staff that you meet are not Consultants (a baloneous term), are broadly on a par with the Clerks that you meet at Job Centre Plus, and are supposed to treat you and other candidates with respect.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Grammar

i missed a call from ingeus this morning, i called them back and they said they will call me back this afternoon at some point..could it be possible i'll have an appointment with them tommorow or are they just booking for the new year? :/