Personal Pension Fund question - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to these forums and would like some advice on a problem I have understanding the complex world of pensions!

I am about to retire and have a personal pension invested with one of the leading financial institutions in the UK.

6 weeks ago I contacted the company stating my intentions to take my pension asap whereupon I received a retirement illustration with the total current value of the fund clearly shown, together with my options and yearly pension figure.

I then asked for another illustration as I had missed the deadline for retiring in December 2012 and I was sent another package showing the figures if I started the pension in January 2013 and the total current value had increased slightly.I completed the necessary paperwork and today received a call informing me that the forms had been received but the fund was less than quoted on both illustrations. In fact it was over 10% less.

I asked why the fund had been reduced and they are 'looking into it' but I am obviously concerned .

The pension plan has a guaranteed annuity rate which is double the current standard rate and I am wondering if this fact is significant.

Is it normal for the total current value figure to be so different to the final fund value when the figures are only a week or so apart?

Any advice or information will be very welcome, thanks.

Edited by skiver

If not too late, shop around with other firms that may offer you more for fund.

You can take your fund from the plan you paid into and place it with any anuity provider and see what they offer, could be quite a difference? shop around.

also dont forget you can take a large cash lump sum up front which is tax free, you may have to tax on a monthly income from a plan.