• Tweets

• So I could make a payment with my new debit card and this won’t link it to PayPal in anyway? Make payment over the phone not via the website? 
    • Standing order, payment via a debit card to online account ?  If you are making payment from your end, it is you authorising and not them having your bank details.            
    • You are the OP of this thread. As I said, I doubt the OP of the original question is following this as she has more important things to worry about.   I'll ask you this:   1. have you ever been in a Magistrates' Court when a Statutory Declaration to set aside a motoring conviction was made?   2. If so did you ever see the maker quizzed or questioned  to test their honesty in connection with the SD?   3. Have you ever seen such a Declaration rejected for want of truthfulness (rather than a procedural or administrative error or mistake)?   My answers to the above would be as follows:   1. Yes on, I would estimate, at least two hundred occasions (six or seven on one day last week alone). It may be more, I've never kept a proper count.   2. No, never.   3. No, never.   Now it could be of course that I have been particularly fortuitous and that all the makers of those SDs were paragons of virtue and/or that all the Magistrates concerned were exceedingly gullible and believed everything they were told without question. On the other hand it could be that during their training the Magistrates were instructed that when hearing an SD they were simply witnessing that it had been made before them and that they were not testing its truth. I imagine they were either shown or have probably seen since a copy of this form which is completed before making an SD:   https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/criminal/docs/2014/crim-pr-form-part37-statutory-declaration-revised-feb-2014.pdf   In the "Notes for Guidance" is this:   "Under the Statutory Declarations Act 1835, the defendant’s declaration can be made before anyone who is authorised by law to hear it (e.g. a solicitor), or before any Justice of the Peace (a magistrate or District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts). The person who hears the declaration need not enquire into the truth of it. That person’s function is limited to hearing the declaration, and certifying that he or she has done so by signing it. If the declaration turns out to be untrue, the defendant making it may be punished for perjury."    The bold type is my emphasis so I think I know which of my two scenarios above is more likely. I hope this wasn't too rude or arrogant for you and  I'll leave it at that now. But I will ask you (politely) once again to please stop providing misleading information to people who have enough to worry about. It confuses them, others have to correct it and it leads to unnecessary stress for the posters.
    • Thank you for your help, just to clarify please. In the CPR 31:14  request do I just ask for 1. the agreement .....etc and delete the the items 2. to 6. as listed since these have already been sent to me by the claimant (btw the 'solicitor' is IDEM's litigation dept) or do I ask for all the documents again as they are part of the 'Particulars of the Claim'    Thank you again
    • As its council tax, they have no right of entry, so don't let them in, and they cannot force entry nor  climb through windows, but cn walk through unlocked door  They have no right to snoop into your bank accounts, and would be in serious trouble if they did.  I'm sure others will be along soon with further advice/suggestions.  Did you apply for Council tax Relief, if not do so NOW, and get your local council member involved pronto as in now.
  • Our picks

skiver

Personal Pension Fund question - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I'm new to these forums and would like some advice on a problem I have understanding the complex world of pensions!

I am about to retire and have a personal pension invested with one of the leading financial institutions in the UK.

6 weeks ago I contacted the company stating my intentions to take my pension asap whereupon I received a retirement illustration with the total current value of the fund clearly shown, together with my options and yearly pension figure.

I then asked for another illustration as I had missed the deadline for retiring in December 2012 and I was sent another package showing the figures if I started the pension in January 2013 and the total current value had increased slightly.I completed the necessary paperwork and today received a call informing me that the forms had been received but the fund was less than quoted on both illustrations. In fact it was over 10% less.

I asked why the fund had been reduced and they are 'looking into it' but I am obviously concerned .

The pension plan has a guaranteed annuity rate which is double the current standard rate and I am wondering if this fact is significant.

Is it normal for the total current value figure to be so different to the final fund value when the figures are only a week or so apart?

Any advice or information will be very welcome, thanks.

Edited by skiver

If not too late, shop around with other firms that may offer you more for fund.

You can take your fund from the plan you paid into and place it with any anuity provider and see what they offer, could be quite a difference? shop around.

also dont forget you can take a large cash lump sum up front which is tax free, you may have to tax on a monthly income from a plan.

Thanks for the reply but the plan has a guaranteed annuity rate which I will lose if I go with another provider.

As long as you are sure you cant get a better deal elsewhere!, just go on line and see what they others are foffering.

just because its guranteed does not mean its the highest you can get!

Problem sorted now; in 1992 I had a 2 year break from payments which they had forgotten about and not included when the fund value was initially worked out!

Thanks for your advice.

Good news! And thank you for letting us know. I'll alter your thread title. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum