• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
    • so you've had a notice of assignment then?   if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.   i'd be sending NW an sar get all the statements. then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.   could be £1000's to reclaim....   pers i'd stop paying   what was the original debt amount and what is outstanding now a bit more info on the history please   dx    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2491 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been receiving texts and phone calls from these people .

I know there is a debt but at the moment I can not afford to pay it but will come to an arrangement soon.

What is getting to me is that I have emailed them asking for all communication to be in writing only yet they haven't written, just one email then phone calls and texts.

Its embarrassing as people ask me who is on the phone and who the text is from.

I am normally so open about things that I hate having to lie . How can i stop them?

Hi Welcome to CAG, I'm working on complaint about the conduct of MMF at present, a very large percentage of the debts they are chasing are very old and most seem to be statute barred, so if you can let us have the detail of the debt it will be most useful.

Meanwhile to stop thephone calls send the following letter by recorded delivery.

Mr. Neil Petty

Director MMF Ltd.

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Mr Petty.

Formal Complaint.

I refer to the undue requency and quantity of thelephone call and text message seny by MMF, this now amounts to harassment as I have previously stated that I will deal with this matter in writting by post only.

I am sure you are aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the section regarding the alleged debtor wishes as to how when or where they want to be contacted, to remedy this you will now remove all landline and mobile telephone numbers you hold relating to me from your systems.

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to MMF Ltd or any company you may claim to represent.

Send Recorded Delivery check receipt.

Let us now the detail of this debt please.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It is a loan with wagedayadvance that i was trying to negotiate a payment plan with. Then all of a sudden i got an email saying it had been sold to them and to deal with them in future.

Ok get the letter sent, imo MMF are digging themselves in to deep pile of do do the way they are acting.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Let's hope for a good result!!

Just an update,had two emails,first offering nearly 50% for quick settlement or 40% over two months,next offering monthly repayment plan.

I have printed off most of the emails i have had and copied everything just waiting for the prepaid envelope from BCCA. Stage 2of complaints procedure.I know it's no excuse but they have earned a lot of money off me when i was rolling over or settling and increasing the loan so they could write this off and still be in profit.