Bluenose10

Voluntary Termination of Car - Repair Costs?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2496 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me advice on the following problem i have.

I took out my car through Fortis Lease Ltd and have recently just payed off 50% of my contract. I contacted them to voluntary terminate my loan which was fine, they told me to deliver the car to an auction house in glasgow which i done today. They then done the standard checking over the car for any problems, and came back to me with a bill of £1300 for repairs. There was no problems mechanically, it was all visual. However my problem is that they have quoted me £275 and £175 for two scratches which were on the passenger door and the passenger back quarter panel, which were already there when i bought the car? Also, the biggest shock which was a small chip about 5mm wide which has started rusting that is on the A Piller, which they are charging me £450 for? They are also charging me 3 x £55 as there are scuffs and scrapes on three of the alloys which were already there when i bought the car too.

When i bought this car it had one owner so i obviously expected scrapes and scratches on the car, which i wasnt too bothered about. How can they account me for these when they wernt my fault? I have no proof it wasnt me but surely they dont either? On top of that they are charging me over £400 on labour aswell, and all this is excluding VAT so no doubt it would be reaching £1500.

Would anyone have any advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated.