• Tweets

• So nothing to do with deprivation of capital, but bad choices of how they spend benefit monies.   Sounds like they are on a downward spiral to living on the streets and getting into an even worse situation.
    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
  • Our picks

shiney123

Boyfriend caught drink driving.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2266 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

drink driving is a mandotory 12 month ban. It can be longer and often is ironically if you plead not guilty and have a brief in tow!

Those figures say that no legal rep is required. No matter how educated in the law, they can't get you off drink driving. The only thing open could be a technicality, do your think all the procedure was done correctly ?

I don't know.. Anyway he is not planning to get off.. He is planning to plead guilty because he is drinking and driving.. For that do we need a solicitor or just go and plead??

No he doesn't need anyone. I take it you will be there for him and the clerk to the court will hold his hand and tell him what to do.

Will you come back and tell us what he got ?

Based on personal experience of facing a ban for driving offences once or twice (although not for drink driving), I would add the following.

He should be prepared to apologise to the magistrates for the offence and explain how the mistake was made. He should leave the magistrates in no doubt that it was a mistake and that it will not be repeated. He should be able to explain how a ban will impact him - they will ask this anyway.

Standing up and saying this in court will be a tough thing to do and he will probably be nervous. Personally, sitting in the public gallery for the preceeding cases settles my nerves a bit and allows me to get a feel for what sort of mood the magistrates are in.

In my experience, they are helpful and supportive - their purpose is to get to the truth and they will help with questions and support for that purpose. The Clerk to the Court is a "good guy". You will need to find him to "log in" when you get there.

It is entirely likely that he will get 12 months. Being able to say his piece will reduce the risk that he gets something more severe due to the "judges lottery".

surely i ll tell what happened..u all are helping me alot to keep my mind steady..:)

i am planning to go with him. that will be good if the clerk helps..hope he gets a ban and fine..no jail sentence..:)

LOL - I did mean 12 months ban and not jail...

I was handed down a judgment once for non payment of fines...

"You are sentenced to prison for 42 days...

long pause...

suspended"

I will remember that moment for the rest of my life. Needless to say, the fine got paid as agreed...

Good luck with it. And please let us know how you got on.

2 small things since I don't think it's been mentioned:

1) Make sure he goes suited and booted.

2) He doesn't drive by himself to the court, the ban takes effect immediately and he won't be able to drive home.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Those figures say that no legal rep is required. No matter how educated in the law, they can't get you off drink driving. The only thing open could be a technicality, do your think all the procedure was done correctly ?

Get off on a technicality!? Sorry to be so blunt but if you "do the crime then do the time" I don't believe it should be imprisoment but should be harsh such as a year's ban and the points do stay on your licence for 11 years. If people were "getting off" all the time then there going to think that weren't so bad and won't worry about doing it next time. It's not as if there's not enough advertisement about drink driving. I wont get done because I drink zero if I'm going to drive and if I do drink won't drive at all, no matter what quantity. Your judgement is impaired and you are a risk to the public. Do let us know how he got on yesterday.

Get off on a technicality!? Sorry to be so blunt but if you "do the crime then do the time" I don't believe it should be imprisoment but should be harsh such as a year's ban and the points do stay on your licence for 11 years. If people were "getting off" all the time then there going to think that weren't so bad and won't worry about doing it next time. It's not as if there's not enough advertisement about drink driving. I wont get done because I drink zero if I'm going to drive and if I do drink won't drive at all, no matter what quantity. Your judgement is impaired and you are a risk to the public. Do let us know how he got on yesterday.

Nobody here is arguing that!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Nobody here is arguing that!

Agreed.

@rippedofflondon

But the point of 'technicallities' is there is a set formula and procedure to be followed - just as rules for the motorist.

Step outside the rules knowingly and the motorist has little to complain about.

So the same must apply to the 'other side' who are equally bound to 'get it right within the rules for them'.

Otherwise UK would descend into the totally corrupt systems that sadly prevail where I live, where "you can buy anything" from any minor official, traffic cop, judge and upwards. (In fact to be a Judge require no great legal experience and some just buy their appointment - not cheap, but the opportunities for gain are endless and the list of hopeful applicants grows, just like to be a traffic cop with a basic salary of £100/month in one of the most expensive capital cities in the World (Speaks volumes!!).

I know which system I prefer - keep to the rules and technicallities and avoid corrupt summary justice.

For all that upsets me now with the country I grew up in, the lack of everyday corruption and sticking to 'rules' is something I miss and we should treasure.

sorry for not updating the result asap. but actually i updated it as soon as we got the verdict but it is not showing on the comments.

he got 6 months ban and 420£ fine including court fee and all..:)

most unusual to get a ban of anything shorter than 12 months! I'm curious what "special circumstances" they may have taken into account as I didn't think there could be any.

hi crem. i am not sure how they gave it. he pleaded guilty and gave the reason for his driving in such a state. we took the hospitalisation sheet of my mom and my own medical report.

It is actually 8 months but he took a safety course so it is 6mnths.

hi crem. i am not sure how they gave it. he pleaded guilty and gave the reason for his driving in such a state. we took the hospitalisation sheet of my mom and my own medical report.

It is actually 8 months but he took a safety course so it is 6mnths.

Are you sure? Minimum tariff is 12 month ban but if offered the rehab course it reduces it down to 9 (on completion).

I have never heard of an 8 month ban for D&D.

Please Note

Please Note

It's unusual, but if the court finds special reasons not to impose the full 12 month ban it can choose to impose a shorter one, or even no ban at all. Special reasons must relate to the offence itself and not to the offender (so hardship that would be caused by a ban can't be a special reason) but beyond that the court has a fair amount of latitude to decide what is a special reason. Common examples would be spiked drinks or other inadvertent consumption of alcohol, an unexpected reaction to medication, driving a very short distance, especially if there was little risk of coming into contact with other road users, or driving because of a genuine emergency. A sympathetic bench might consider going to comfort a hysterical mother in law who's just lost her father to be a genuine emergency, and knock a bit off the ban for it.

Good stuff - he did the right thing holding hands up and apologising for it - always the best approach in these circumstances and hopefully a lesson learnt. The only safe approach when driving is NO alcohol at all, but I am sure he knows this now.

It is exceeded the limit.. Try to consults attorney explain briefly about situation .This is first DUI then less penalties..

This is a UK based site.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]