alexh1985

Refused COOP Cashminder account!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys i was the victim of identity theft last year and as a result of this my credit file is horrific there are hundreds of linked addresses. Accounts i know nothing about and loads of searches and my credit score is something like 54 extrememly low. Natwest closed my account last year with no reason whatsoever and since then i have no account anywhere, I applied for the cashminder a couple of weeks ago and recieved a letter today teling me it had been declined. I was told this account was not credit checked so thought hey maybe they can help. I sent additional details relating to the identity theft and also my identification as well as the copy of a password i now have on my credit file which is needed in any genuine application. I have today sent an appeal letter to the coop asking them to reconsider and again have sent more documentation as well as a copy of my drivers license and also a letter from call credit confirming that i am the victim of fraud, Has any of you guys had a refusal for cashminder overturned? I have today signed up for a prepaid mastercard which is not what i wanting but dont seem to have much choice at the moment so im hoping with fingers crossed that coop overturn this decision and open the cashminder account for me, Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks.

Have you tried Halifax? My credit file is... Mmm, less than favourable and they accepted me straightaway for a basic bank account. It has all the benefits of a current account obviously minus the overdraft. The Internet banking on the account is fab! Allows direct debits and money transfer etc and you get a visa card with it. I set this all up online and had a letter a few days later with my account number and sort code.

Hope this helps.

It never rains but it pours...

hi - i recently opened 2 cashminder accounts as follows: called up telephone line booked appointment, went into branch with passport and driving licence as proof of address (i am not on the electoral role at that address), i have no CCJs but have defaulted on several loans, it took about 7 days for the paperwork to go through and did so without issue although i was worried the bank manager didnt like me and had put my application in the bin/ refused me... the coop are truly excellent... card has arrived and looks normal with no mention of cashminder or anything wierd like that, the online banking is accessed after setting up security over the telephone without any more waiting for letters or digi reader rubbish; the symbol on the card is the standard visa sign and looks entirely normal. these guys really are excellent.