• Tweets

• Which was your car? 1st Silver? Black? 2nd silver??
    • I did read the guide but the language on the court form threw me.   I’ll send it to the first address. Thanks
    • Fine. Have a quick think and decide whether you want to bring a small claim. If you do then it is worth spending a little bit of time looking through this forum and discovering the steps of how to bring a small claim in the County Court. You would have to start with a letter of claim which would give them 14 days to provide you with your refund or else you will start a small claim against them and without any further notice. Day 15 you issue the papers. Don't make the threat unless you are prepared to go ahead and carry it out. As I've already said, bringing a small claim is extremely easy and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are much better than 95% – and in my view Halfords will put their hands up unless they really want to waste their money and their time. Does Halfords really want to spend their time and money losing a case in which they will have to draft the defence document, respond to various papers from the court, put you to the trouble of paying the hearing fee, instructing lawyers to go and attend at your local court which I believe is in the North west of England, losing their case, having to pay your £40 plus interest plus your court fee plus the hearing fee – and then suffer the indignity of having their name plastered even further all over this forum and over Twitter and Facebook and trust pilot. If this is what they want then they really don't value their reputation very highly.   I have sent the following response to Halfords  
    • The Highway Code says you must not enter unless your exit is clear*. The law doesn’t say the same, the offence is stopping on the box junction* It is possible to enter while your exit is clear, and then another car block you, you stop on the junction, and commit the offence* even though you complied with the Highway Code**   (or, even, breach the Highway Code by entering when your exit isn’t clear, but not commit the offence as long as you don’t actually stop, and your exit becomes clear in time!)     * = absent the defence of you wanting to turn right and the only thing preventing you doing so being oncoming traffic (/ other vehicles turning right)   ** = in which case you appeal, not on grounds of the contravention not occurring, as it did, but on the grounds that given you had made all efforts to comply, and another driver’s bad driving caused you to have to stop so as not to cause an accident, it isn’t in the public interest to pursue it.     Looking at the video : the silver car and black car that stopped in the right hand lane both committed the offence. The silver car in the left hand lane that had the black car pull in front of them from the right: a) may not have stopped at all. If it didn’t actually stop, no contravention ocurred! b) if it did actually come to a complete stop, rather than just slowing : Ask for a discretionary appeal on grounds that the exit was clear when they entered, and the only reason they stopped was another vehicle causing them to have to do so to avoid causing an accident.  
    • read the guide CCA goes to the claimant   dx  
  • Our picks

LSD374W

Credit File / Post Bankruptcy.. ITS WENT BONKERS!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hullo Caggers :)

I'm ex BR and have been for a couple of years now. I'm very careful with my credit score and how its affected. However, I do need some advice.

Every so often I check my credit score - Experian loves me - Equifax seems to hate me (Any reason for that?? )

The last time I checked my credit score on Equifax - it was 337. 3 Months later and It's dropped to 279 and there are a few strange things... I shall post a few screen shots in hope that one of you amazing folks can shed some light!!

I have no extra credit taken out

Same bank account

No searches

No OD

No Bank charges

I was BR 11/11/09 and Discharged 1 year later. My BR payments also stopped early.

A loan from Lloyds TSB is making a massive impact on my score. It says I've defaulted by £3.5k and the wording in the warnings - seems to suggest that I still owe it - or at least thats what it seems to suggest to me and other lenders. :jaw:

The loan from Welcome was included in my bankruptcy - but shows as settled??

Can anyone offer some advice on this??

Thanks in Advance

You will need to write to the creditors Data Controllers and insist that All accounts included in your BR are properly updated.

You can again contact the data controllers of all the credit reference agencies and place notices of dispute on each entry.

I would certainly query the Equifax report, the data should be the same as the others.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is the same on mine. BR May 2009 Discharged Sept 09 default/delinquent balace of £ 5,766 AKtiv Capital (barclaycard) & £ 5,256 Northern Rock. However a previous loan/credit card with rbs shows settled and doesnt even show the original amounts/repayments.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Very poor The total amount of your credit obligations that previous credit grantors have reported as in default is £11372. How can it be in default if it was declared bankrupt?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

It says have reported, so the statement is true as far as it reflects historical fact.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

So how come the other credit agreements a loan and credit card with RBS show settled? These were all included in the bankruptcy so why defaults for 2 creditors and 2 settled for the other 2 if they were all included at the same time?

It's a total of all defaults reported I think not an individual account.

Bothe the below extracts are taken from my equifax credit report and BOTH were included in the bankruptcy order, so why would one report it as in default and one report it as settled ? Loan from Northern Rock (Asset Management) Plc / XXXXXXXXXXXX8062 Name Mr *********Date of Birth********** Terms 120 @ £ 91 (Monthly) Status Defaulted Current Balance £ 5,256 Start Balance £ 7,000 Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 5,256 Start Date 03/12/2003 Date Updated 01/09/2009 Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied Default Date 29/05/2009 Loan from Rbos Personal Loans(i) / XXXXXXXXXXXXXX0805 Name ********* Date of Birth ********8Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Settled Current Balance £ 0 Start Balance £ 0 Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 0 Start Date 02/05/2008 Date Updated 09/08/2009 Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied 31/07/2009