Geocyper

got late fees on Card for supposed failed DD

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a credit card with Halifax BOS.

I noticed on my stetement that they had charged £12.00 late payment charge.

Went on to my online banking account (Current)

my direct debit is still set up to pay monthly bill, not been cancelled.

I rang Halifax Credit Card,

they say I had tried to set up another direct debit for this account but it failed , because of information provided.

They tell me this invalidated my original direct debit, hence late fee.

I informed them that my original DD was still set up had not been canceled and they could have asked for the money at any time from my account.

I also said that they had not written and told me that as the proposed new direct debit had not been set up that I would have to reset my original one with them.

Are they giving me the correct information I'm confused.

Shallowfax treating their customers with fairness again I see!

Tell them that you want that 12 fee paid back into your account, then vote with your feet and open another bank account with a different banking group, this is the only way which you can tell them your not going to be treated like a mug.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!