Natwest Bank - Wrong DOB

s8n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I have numerous debts with numerous creditors.

One is Natwest, with whom i had 4 accounts.

Account 1: £2953 over drawn (Current account)

Account 2: £0.01 Over drawn

Account 3: 0

Account 4: 0

After not hearing from Natwest at all except for the occasional bank statement, i received 4 letters this morning/

1 for each account.

The letters said:

Dear Mr ****

Our collection agent has been unable to contact you or to agree a suitable payment plan therefore your account details have been passed to Fredrickson International Ltd as our new collection agent. ..........

Anyway, i contacted the company, and who asked for a reference number, which NW haven't given.

They then asked my details, which i gave them. The agent responded and said the DOB is wrong, so cant discuss my account, but it is on hold until 29/12/2012. He said he will refer back to Natwest and try to get a correction.

Does this help me at all, or should i call Natwest and discuss the matter with them.

p.s. some of you may have read previous threads, i am supposed to currently be working with Step Change (previously CCCS).

Thanks

Edited by s8n

Stay OFF the phone, you have zero evidence of this call ever taking place least of all the content of it (unless your recording them?)

Keep everything in writing.

Step change should be dealing with this, unless they're unaware of it?

Ignore Freds, deal direct with the bank.

Acct 1, is that a current account, with an agreed overdraft? How much of that 2k is charges and fees?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka, thanks for the response.

I have told Step Change of this account, but there is an issue with them guys, they say my case was closed in March this year :s

I generally do keep everything in writing, including notes on who i speak to what's said and agreed, and dates and times.

Account 1: current account, with agreed OD of £2100. When i stopped using the account on advice of CCCS (step change) it was left at around £1990 over drawn (i know it was under 2k). Sorry correction on my behalf the letter says £2953. So £953 in charges.

Does the fact that they have the wrong DOB have any baring in regards to me arguing it through with them?

My worry is i have a Mortgage with them, and i dont want them to take the easy option of a charge order.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys.

This is still an issue.

I now have a different credit company contacting me for the same account.

And again i am getting threatening letters, and tried to contact them.

They still say they wont talk to me.

Any assistance?

When I say keep everything in writing what I actually mean is stay OFF the phone, unless your recording the calls you have no evidence of what was discussed.

Check your credit files and see what is on there.

Is step change still dealing with these accounts on your behalf?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When I say keep everything in writing what I actually mean is stay OFF the phone, unless your recording the calls you have no evidence of what was discussed.

gh

I must admit i dont always record the calls.

The problem is sometimes they call withheld or from different numbers. I have even had mobile numbers.

To be honest i havent checked my credit file since all this started, i thought whats the point in paying £6 a month when i know its being lynched.

Yes they should be, although i have hit a bit of a stumbling block. They need me to provide some evidence for some money coming in, but i cant because it all got tied into a lump some with a solicitor.

lol ok ok i get the point. But how do i handle calls from them that i answer not knowing who they are?

Also from the moments i have spoken to them they have said send a copy of photo id with your correct DOB on.

Should i just do that?

lol ok ok i get the point. But how do i handle calls from them that i answer not knowing who they are?
Stay off the (Edit) phone!
Stay OFF the phone.
Just say, "everything in writing" and hang up.

Also from the moments i have spoken to them they have said send a copy of photo id with your correct DOB on.

Should i just do that?

NO!! if they don't know who you are why are they contacting you?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Should i just do that?

It is not your obligation to provide evidence of who you are.. but for them to have the correct details in the first place.

It could be that this debt is nothing to do with you - but by you very kindly giving them some information they can now "make things right".

If they telephone then you simply say you do not discuss your financial matters on the phone. That they should put what they have to say in writing.

When was the last payment made to the account that is being pursued ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
It is not your obligation to provide evidence of who you are.. but for them to have the correct details in the first place.

It could be that this debt is nothing to do with you - but by you very kindly giving them some information they can now "make things right".

If they telephone then you simply say you do not discuss your financial matters on the phone. That they should put what they have to say in writing.

When was the last payment made to the account that is being pursued ?

Hi guys.

Just a quick update, i still have the company calling, and not being able to ID me.

Normally i avoid them off the phone, although sometimes i get caught out with a slightly different number.

I also checked my credit file, and the accounts from natwest are on there, but they are showing the wrong DOB.

Can avoiding them cause long term issues? as in court action?

Once they put what they have to say in writing, how do i respond to them? or should i not?

As for the account, it was a current account with an OD facility. So the payments where my salary. That stopped when i had to move accounts on advice from the CCCS.

Send them this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Enter NW complaints procedure.

When you say it is the wrong DOB on your credit file, I don't understand? How can your credit file have the wrong DOB??

Deal in writing ONLY, STOP talking to them over the phone, as soon as they identify themselves or you know who they are hang up. How many more times.

Send them this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Enter NW complaints procedure.

When you say it is the wrong DOB on your credit file, I don't understand? How can your credit file have the wrong DOB??

Deal in writing ONLY, STOP talking to them over the phone, as soon as they identify themselves or you know who they are hang up. How many more times.

Hi Thanks for the link.

I am just concerned in taking an overly active stance against them, as i dont want them to step up the game and advance things to court procedings.

On my credit profile i have the correct DOB. However for each account, there is a DOB that the company has. On this it is wrong.

I have now totally stopped dealing with telphone calls and back to ignoring numbers i dont recognise.

Thanks

hi guys.

Just a quick update, i still have the company calling, and not being able to id me.

Normally i avoid them off the phone, although sometimes i get caught out with a slightly different number.

I also checked my credit file, and the accounts from natwest are on there, but they are showing the wrong dob.

Can avoiding them cause long term issues? As in court action?

Once they put what they have to say in writing, how do i respond to them? Or should i not?

As for the account, it was a current account with an od facility. So the payments where my salary. That stopped when i had to move accounts on advice from the cccs.

stay off the phone!!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking an aggressive stance with them, this is the only way in which they will listen and change.

As CB said you are under absolutely no obligation to provide any identity to them, if they have got the wrong details then that is entirely their problem not yours.

Have you started the complaints process with them yet?

Put the idea of court out of your mind, that is a long way off, if at all, besides you need to reclaim all of their charges and fees yet.

http://www.natwest.com/commercial/contact/g1/existing-customer/complaints.ashx

Hi, i havent started the Complaints procedure yet.

But it is on my plan to try to start it this weekend.

Can you even claim charges on Defaulted accounts? I have 6 of them which are crrently going thorugh the IVA process?

Thanks

IVA process? WHY? Do you have more debts then?

Who are you using to do this IVA?

You can reclaim any charge on any account whether it is defaulted or not.