mredstone

Cancellation Fee - Ridiculous

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I hope somebody can help.

My wife recently sold her car and I gave her mine. When she called Hastings to update the policy, the quote she was given to change the car was very expensive compared to others she had received. She advised them of this and they offered to reduce, but that was still not competitive.

She has now asked to cancel the policy and they are charging her for the £55 cancellation fee, plus outstanding amounts.

I feel that this is totally disgraceful. I can understand the cancellation fee (although I still think this is steep as my last policy with another well know company was cancelled for the large sum of £2.12), however I do not think that charging her for a service that she no longer needs, on top of the fact that the only reason she is cancelling is because the quote was astronomically noncompetitive.

What can she do to get this fee levied as it seems as though she is 'screwed if she stays, screwed if she goes'. If this is the case, then we will be telling everybody we know not to use Hastings due to their rip-off policies. It seems as though we are not the only ones upon reading through this forum.

Thanks

Hi mredstone,Thanks for posting about your experience, I hope that members of the forum will be able to provide you with some helpful advice. To give you an idea of how these outstanding amounts are broken down, if the policy is paid by direct debit then there maybe a charge for the time on cover that has not yet been covered by the monthly intallments, if there is additional products on the policy (breakdown cover/legal cover/personal accident cover) these are no refundable after the first 14 days. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy answer any specific questions you have. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie