I've received a pcn from ANPR Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm new to this site, and

I'after some advice/help.

I've received a pcn from ANPR Ltd,

I work on the railway and we have staff parking with permits,

NCB patrols the car park too but has plenty of signs about, but recently a freight company employed ANPR Ltd to patrol too,

now i booked on at 0500 till 1438, I was told by another member of staff that ANPR Ltd erected their sign at 1400,

and i got a ticket at 1430, there is only 1 sign which is not fully visable, also I was parked before the enforcement came into effect?

Should i just ignore this pcn as it states many times on here or pay it?

Many thanks, Dave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a speculative invoice not a

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

have a read in this forum

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there, this is the wording of the parking charge notice,

We (ANPR Ltd) have attached a 'Parking Charge Notice' (Ticket) to your vehicle for the reason given above and we have taken photographic evidence of the incident. We are employed to prevent such incidents, so this has caused us to breach our contract with the proprietor of the land. As stated on the warning signs, we now have the right to seek £100 compensation ('liquidated damages') plus debt recovery costs from you, via the registered keeper.

If we receive payment of £50 within 14 days from the date and time of the event, we will remove your details from our database and close the incident.

What will we do if we do not receive payment,

After 28 working days, we request from the DVLA registered keeper's details as we now have reasonable cause to obtain them. An invoice will be created for £100 ans sent immediately. Ignoring this invoice and letters will add 40% debt recovery fees to the cost. If the amount is unpaid after 6 weeks (42 days) from the date and time of the incident, we are permitted to employ the services of a debt recovery agency. Meanwhile we may have permission to tow and impound the vehicle even if it has a valid permit.

We follow up all cases using a registered debt collection agency or a county court summonds (or both). 60 days after receiving payment we will destroy the vehicles details, photographs and method of payment so we cannot put right any mistakes with a refund.

So do I ignore it? or are those words just scare tactics?

Many thanks

Those "liquidated damages" can only be a true reflection of the losses caused to the landowner, not some imaginary figure dreamt up by the parking company. Ask them for a breakdown of those losses. I bet they cannot justify them.

They exist by fooling enough people into thinking that these are legitimate "fines" instead of invoices which don't have to be paid. I don't think there are any template letters. You can either ignore them from now on, or write to them asking them for a breakdown of the landowners losses while reminding them of the BPA and DFT guidance regarding the parking charges.

Here is the DFT advice:-

Charges for breaking a parking contract must be reasonable and a genuine preestimate of loss. This means charges must compensate the landholder only for the loss they are likely to suffer because the parking contract has been broken.

For example, to cover the unpaid charges and the administrative costs associated with issuing the ticket to recover the charges. Charges may not be set at higher levels than necessary to recover business losses and the intention should not be to penalise the driver.

Unfortunately some parking companies can't seem to be able to differentiate between losses and expenses. So they try and charge for the parking attendant's uniform or for the upkeep of their signs. Of course , these are not losses , but day-to-day running expenses.

Meanwhile we may have permission to tow and impound the vehicle even if it has a valid permit.

I am sure towing/impounding of a vehicle has been banned along with clamping in the freedoms bill. If it wasn't then all the clamoing firms would simply have invested in pick-up trucks and would be merrily stealing cars every day by now!! :)

all willy waving.

at the end of the day

it makes no diff

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, ANPR Ltd have decided to write to me now, asking for £100 payment outstanding parking notice, also in light gray writing is other costs which include, debt recovery costs : contacting the dvla, invoice production and correspondence £40

county court summons: preparing and gathering evidence, setting out case and filling £70.00 judgement enforcement officers fees per visit , per hour £135.00

Should I continue to ignore or not? I've written to them stating the vehicle was parked before they erected the 1 sign.

Any ideas?

so the threat of court action and bailiffs and higher costs are still scare tactics?

Of course they are. Just look on it as a game of chicken, or who blinks first. Just face them down and they will give up and try and frighten somebody else into paying up.