cecim1910

Loan company refuses to take back vehicle I'm voluntarily giving back

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I financed an SUV with a company and halfway through I lost my job and took a lower paying one. On top of that the vehicle pretty much seized up and died. I called and informed the company that the repair costs are way more than what the vehicle is worth and that I would like to give it back and pay the difference once it was sold. At first the company worked with me but no more than three days later I was getting harrassing calls at work and home. When I gave them the information as to where they could pick the vehicle up they told me that they would get it and six months later I found out that they never even came by to look at it. The other day I was subpoened to appear in court over this and now I'm looking for representation. What else can I do to insure that I get a fair shake in the terrible situation?

How did you ask them to collect the car? What were they saying at first? Why did they start 'harrassing' you and what were they saying on those calls? How long had you had the agreement with them? Were there any arrears on the account and did you have any insurance policies taken out through the finance company?