CEG

I will definitely be receiving an eviction notice, can i leave first?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2500 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I hope someone can give me advice on my situation. I will definitely be receiving an eviction notice from my counicl as i have substantial rent arrears. if i give my council notice that i will be leaving, can i still be evicted? i would rather leave first so that i dont have an eviction against my name making it hard for me to rent in the future.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

Could you please give us a better brief on your circumstances from the start minus any personal details till it has reached this stage to give you the best advice i.e.

Type of tenancy agreement.

Rent arrears total or approximate.

Have you previously had any payment plans in place.

Does your council housing have a Welfare Rights Officer.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Suggest you contact Shelter asap.

they may be able to sort something out for you, so you can stay, if you want to.

IMO you can move to avoid eviction, provided you give due NTQ, but Council will prob get a CCJ for rent arrears anyway & this with a poor credit/payment record will put off future LLs more than being evcted