A Positive start for once and credit where it's due for DWP & HMRC.... So far anyway!

Simon7685
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow a positive post for the DWP, can it really be true, or even happening?:!:?

I had great reservations about all the things I needed to fall into place, following the move from Income Support to Self Employment. I have to confess I was panicking as to whether the DWP and HMRC could do what they said they would, when they said they would. Having read lots of horror stories I was worried........

For once it would seem the powers that be have actually managed to get their acts together. Day one of a new beginning swam into action on Monday, my final IS payment went into the bank on time. A phone call to HMRC about tax credits seemed to go well, they said they had all the information and the changes would be done straight away (yeah right I thought). By Friday my Job Grant was into my account and a small payment of WTC. On Saturday the Tax Credits award letter arrived, detailing all the changes and what I could expect and when. Which at least means

So for once I think DWP and HMRC deserve a little credit from me at least. I know there are lots of people who they don't get it right for and often screw up but I thought a little bit of positivity for today at least was due.

The only thing left now is for the Return to Work Credit to be got up and running but it was only Tuesday when I managed to get everything into the Jobcentre for that. So if they can manage that in time for Xmas, it will be a bonus. If not as long as they pay it then that will be another bonus point, if not then they might need to borrow my tin hat!

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

The Self Employment is going as well as I think it can, it was all a bit rushed in the end as you know I could have done with it starting in January but it is at least nice waking up knowing that I do not have to deal with the odious ATOSsers anymore.

We have just had a bereavement in the family (MIL), so the timing could not have been worse for it really. If I can get everything fully running by thesecond week of January I will be very happy. Then I just need to make some houses to build a portfolio, get some orders and make some money. I am spending most of my time organising really for now.

There have been a few good stories like moving a wardrobe to make some more room for my working area and it all fell apart on top of me, OUCH! Bloody flatpack furniture taking its ultimate revenge on me. One large hammer, some big nails and blue language and it was all fine again..............

It's going to take time but my business plan isn't forecasting making any money until March 2013, so no need to panic just yet. I am hopefully going to be selling by mid February so that will be ahead of the game if I can pull it off and that is my personal target.

How are you getting on with our friends at SHATOS?

:Hello Simon7685:

Our 'friends' at Shatos??? You've probably noticed that I've had a very shattering Shatossy week so I'm really pleased for you that you're out of their clutches for the time being. :biggrin:

Hope everything continues to work out for you. If you've any spare bricks from your building empire we could do with some new walls for the :frusty::frusty:.

Thanks for the kind message, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

I have been reading about some of your trials and tribulations with ATOSser and I do feel for you Margaret. I don't know sometimes where you find the strength to keep going like you do and I truly hope that at some point soon, you get the right result and left alone by them. Though knowing them I think more like months more messing you around infringing on your rights to end up in a long appeal process that you will win following their Eurovision assessment of nil points..........

Postman delivered a letter from Return to Work Credits this morning.........

Good news they have awarded me it and payments are to commence at £40 a week for 52 weeks. I am really pleased at how quickly they have got everything sorted for me and it is nice to know I have that little bit of security for the next 12 months......

They awarded me support group with no medical. :)

Thats a result then:whoo:. Hopefully they will leave you alone for a good while now:-D

I am the same, had no problems at all when I went self employed, HMRC have never been a problem for me though personally. Not actually dealt with DWP for some years. But my local council are the nightmare. I am still waiting for my first months accounts back, they have had them since May!

I'll get xmas out the way & get on to them, again. Glad to hear it's going good though. Have a good christmas. Although sorry to hear about MIL :(

Another positive to report back, the DEA at my local Jobcentre called today, just to let me know that my RTWC claim had been authorised, she wanted to let me know, just in case the letter was late because of Xmas post.

She didn't need to do that, so I was actually quite impressed by it and I think it proves the point that not everyone that works in DWP is bad, or doesn't care about the people they are supposed to be helping.

One slight negative.........

I still haven't heard from HMRC regarding my self employed registration, I did it online on 29 November and thought I would have got my self employed number through by now. We have to go away tomorrow for a couple of days to go to my MIL funeral, so will have to chase it up when we get back.

Another positive to report back, the DEA at my local Jobcentre called today, just to let me know that my RTWC claim had been authorised, she wanted to let me know, just in case the letter was late because of Xmas post.

She didn't need to do that, so I was actually quite impressed by it and I think it proves the point that not everyone that works in DWP is bad, or doesn't care about the people they are supposed to be helping.

One slight negative.........

I still haven't heard from HMRC regarding my self employed registration, I did it online on 29 November and thought I would have got my self employed number through by now. We have to go away tomorrow for a couple of days to go to my MIL funeral, so will have to chase it up when we get back.

Takes 3 or 4 weeks to get your number, it'll be there when you get back I expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update..........

WTC etc all paid on time as promised by HMRC.

Still no sign of self employed confirmation from HMRC, the council want that as part of the HB claim, so I will have to chase that up after new year, as I doubt I will get any sense before then.

No sign of Return to Work Credit being paid yet, I got the official notification dated 17 December. It said payment is normally made on a Tuesday and should be in the bank by the Friday but no sign as yet. Next week will be week 4, so at least it should mean a lump sum to start the New Year with..........