chrissarah1988

When Will JSA Be Paid over Christmas

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys

As most of you probs here i hate claiming benefits but i just need to know when will they pay the jsa in my bank over christmas as i need to sort my finances out

i sign on friday 21st

usual pay day is wednesday but that is boxing day

Hoping i will be off jsa soon as i have a job interview after christmas with the police :)

Good luck with the job interview!

If you have a new claim and the 21st is your first sign on date, then it may take a few weeks to get your first payment.

If this isn't the first sign on date, you will most likely have the money automatically paid in on the 21st, as it's the last day the bank (I think) and JC+ are open.

Hi

Thanks for your post and thanks for the comment regarding my interview :)

No it isnt the first time i have been on JSA for over 3 months now

So it will be paid before Christmas ?

It should be yes, I've read it multiple times that the last payment, if normally due boxing day or around Christmas day will be sent on 21st.

Yes. Payments due on the 24th, 25th or 26th will be paid on the 21st. Payments due on the 1st Jan will be paid on the 31st Dec. If a claimant is in Scotland where 2nd Jan is also a holiday, payments due on that date will also be paid on the 31st Dec.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi,

Antone is correct, I sign on the 21st as well and normally it would have gone in my bank account on 26th but due to been christmas holiday's I will get it on the 21st as when I sign on it will go in my bank account on the same day. that is what the leaflet stated when I signed on 7th and the advicer gived me that leaflet.

But please bear in mind even though you will get your payments sooner then normal you still have to attended your Jobcentre appointments because if you fail to turn up you could get sanctioned.

Just to add to Gay_guy1986 post you could also find your claim could be closed as failed to attend so it is important to make sure you know exactly when you are next due to attend.

A lot of people get caught out over bank holidays and end up with their claims being closed :(

I agree flumps1976,

My appointment after the 21st is on the 4th of January 2013 so I know when is my next appointment :-)

I heard you all will be getting £20 extra for JSA as it's christmas

I heard you all will be getting £20 extra for JSA as it's christmas

I heard unicorns will fart rainbows when Kate Middleton's baby is born. What's your point?

To clarify, if that sounded snappy: where did you hear this? It is not true.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.