Evict or Notice to Quit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

hope this is the correct forum, if not can some move it for me please.

Scenario:

My sister owns her own home, her now ex-partner has lived with her for 12 years, the last two with them being separated.

Her Ex has several illnesses and disabilities, he is currently on ESA, she has been asking him to leave the house for the past two years and has not done so. (He pays no rent)

She now wants to force the issue and wants to issue him with a letter to vacate the premises and maybe this will motivate him and also trying to give him a fair chance so he can take the letter to the council to maybe get some help with accommodation.

Any advice on what to write or a link to a template please.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by daverules
Coreccted spelling

Define 'ex partber' ie married or just lived together.

If married then divorce & settlement or partner voluntarily moving out would appear to be the only legal option IMO

If not married but were co-habiting, patner may still have part claim on her property, depending on his level of contribution. Otherwise he would appear to be currently her 'guest' and could be asked to leave at anytime.

I suggest sister asks local family law solic for advice on how to proceed, as it is not a simple residential lettings forum question about T or lodger after 12 years living together.