Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, got another letter today:

NOTICE OF COURT ACTION PENDING

We have no record of receiving payment despite our previous correspondance and now have no alternative but to recommend to our client XXXX that we proceed with COURT ACTION.

To avoid this course of action please telephone XXXX immediately to discuss payment. IF your are unable to meet the above request or make a short term arrangement to clear your account please contact us on the number given above.

Ok so the court action pending thing has got me a little wound up, they say i owe £60 for not having a valid permit.

Should i write a letter or continue to ignore?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, got another letter today:

NOTICE OF COURT ACTION PENDING

We have no record of receiving payment despite our previous correspondance and now have no alternative but to recommend to our client XXXX that we proceed with COURT ACTION.

To avoid this course of action please telephone XXXX immediately to discuss payment. IF your are unable to meet the above request or make a short term arrangement to clear your account please contact us on the number given above.

Ok so the court action pending thing has got me a little wound up, they say i owe £60 for not having a valid permit.

Should i write a letter or continue to ignore?

I would wait until I got court papers and then put in a defence asking them to justify the £60 damages that the LL is claiming. They may not issue court papers and even if they did they still stand a excellent chance of losing. However it is your choice.

As happens in a lot of cases, they issue court papers but if you file a good defence they pull out at the last moment as they know they cannot justify the £60 charge which would relate to damages. Have you requested a copy of the contract that allows them to pursue you on behalf of the LL?

Nope, i wont pretend i know what LL is, i haven't sent any letters as of yet.

I have drafted one that i was going to send but some are saying i should ignore until court papers come through, not sure if im happy doing that to be honest!

LL is the landlord of the land. You have been offered good advice regarding ignore. We can help every step of the way in the unlikely event you receive court papers. Keep strong.

The last letter is just a standard one so nothing more worrting than the other ones. You can bet that no rights have been assigned to these people, they just get paid to send out letters and cant take you to court as they have no interest in the land nor the debt. They just want to make some money to cover their running costs.

What you have to remember is Newlyn chase legit debts, they will have template letters, some desk jockey will see they have had no response from the last letter/letters and send the next. They receive a percentage of what they receive, plus any costs ie: postage/calls so they will keep the pressure on if they send it back they will get nowt. Hence the letters.

If you contact them now they will think they have you worried. Since you have ignored them this long you may as well see it through now.