Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had one from NCP which led to googling and this site & ignoring the 6 standard letters

and a bit of wait and hope they are right and convince the wife they were right, they were!

Safe now in the knowledge to help others and spread the word and save them money too...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get any phone calls, did they turn up at your house at all?

What happens if they come to my house and i answer the door, can they force entry to recover items to the value of the charge & can they tow my car if its outside the house on a public road?

Edited by AndyM1981
Additional Questions!

Just letters, they are NOT bailiffs, only bailiffs can do that and it would have to go to court for them to do that which they won`t.

Stop panicking!

Read more on here or wait for someone else to confirm, which you will also see on other posts.

Off to bed now, don`t worry about it.

You found this site so you beat the **** people, they are like rogue traders.

Hi All,

I have been back in touch with the parking office at work

and they have told me that the parking officers take digital photographs of the cars

and the permits used in the car,

they said that I received a ticket because i filled out the permit incorrectly

(put a circle around the day, date, time, month instead of a cross through them!)

If they do have photo evidence is it still a ignore or should I go pay up?

Thanks

the said that I received a ticket because i filled out the permit incorrectly (put a circle around the day, date, time, month instead of a cross through them!)

Thanks

They're having a laugh aren't they!!!!

No you don't pay them. I would love to here how they present their case at court for this dastardly error on your part! not that there's any chance of them going anywhere near court with this unfortunately.

Hi All,

I have been back in touch with the parking office at work and they have told me that the parking officers take digital photographs of the cars and the permits used in the car, the said that I received a ticket because i filled out the permit incorrectly (put a circle around the day, date, time, month instead of a cross through them!)

Thanks

You posted for advice and were given it, but you still persist in this notion that they are a legal entity by approaching the parking office at your work. Forget about them and the ticket and get on with your life.

That definitely needs to be reported in your local paper, absolutely incredible, how fantastically puerile can these eejits seriously get.

I would be making a formal complaint to the circus outfit that is in charge of the car park robbery at the hospital, and to your line manager, and whoever runs the hospital, and finally your local MP.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the support everyone. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully they will leave me alone.

Hi Andy,

I was just reading your thread from last december with intrest, as I am in a similar situation to you as an employee,

and I think it is totally disgusting that these hyenas of society try to profiteer out of the sick and needy, and those who care for them.

What's more, the employees employed to dish out bits of sticky paper actually think they have some authority.

Im not in the business of appealing anything to anyone, as it is guaranteed to fall on deaf ears where revenue is concerned.

It's laughable that the NHS is in it's 65 anniversary and is now run as a business.

Its our NHS, we pay our tax... why should we pay to come to work ??

why should visitor's pay to visit ??

Was wondering how you got on ?

as I am fast becomming something of an expert in this field although im not a legal lol.

..I used to pray for debt collectors to ring me so I could keep them on the phone for hours talking nonsense seen as they were paying for the privilege..

These operators survive on the fear factor hoping their pray cave in and pay up

.Treat them with the contempt they deserve

Edited by Scouse Magic
spelling

• 3 months later...

Just an update,

Finally started receiving letters from a Debt Collection Agency called Newlyn

- Anyone ever heard of them.

Its the usual spiel, if you don't pay as soon as possible you will incur additional charges and we may seek to take you to court.

Anyone got any advice,

should i ignore or write back,

i know things have changed since the introduction of the Freedoms act?

Thanks.

Just an update,

Finally started receiving letters from a Debt Collection Agency called Newlyn - Anyone ever heard of them.

Its the usual spiel, if you don't pay as soon as possible you will incur additional charges and we may seek to take you to court.

Anyone got any advice, should i ignore or write back, i know things have changed since the introduction of the Freedoms act?

Thanks.

Are they chasing you as 'The Driver' or as the 'Registered Keeper',

either way can you honestly see anyone going to court because you filled the form with circles rather than crosses.

They would be a laughing stock of the industry.

Post the claim letter here with all your personal data/barcodes removed obviously.

Go on give us all a laugh :)

I kind of tore it up and threw it in the bin in frustration! Ill post the next one. The weird thing is that it said on the letter that I got the ticket in June this year but the only ticket I am aware of was in November last year. Unless I've had a second ticket and it fell off or something?

So should I ignore or write a letter?

Yes I did read it,

it said I now owe £60 and will incurr further costs if I do not pay immediately.

It also said I may be taken to court if I do not pay.

It went on to say that I had to ring or write to them but do not contact the hospital directly

as they are not responsible for collecting the debt owed

and any contact I attempt to make will be referred back to them anyway.

debt collectors have no powers to enforce debts in their own name

so all the guff about extra costs being added are just hot air.

Contact the DVLA as a FOI request to find out who has obtained your data and under what circumstances,

ie did they apply manually or as part of an electronic bulk purchase such as for BPA members.

There is probably ammunition for a complaint to the Information Ombudsman

for telling lies to obtain your data and thus a claim of harassment against Newlyn

and the original company should they persist.

I was also gonna ask, this company newlyn, they are a third party acting on behalf of the hospital I got the ticket from. The money they are attempting to recover is £60 but the parking permit I purchased has a cost of £1. I don't understand how they can claim to be recovering £59 extra from me when its not even their car park its the hospitals and the claim ammount is massively more than the parking permit price - newlyn have not lost any money and I haven't cost them any money by parking in a car park that they do not own? It makes my head go fuzzy trying to figure out the legality of it all!

That is an argument for the future that would be wated on them as they wont listen anyway. Newlyn are not acting on behalf of the hospital, they are doing as they are told to by the private parking company the hospital has contracted to manage their facilities. Talking to the hospital management is a waste of time because they are generally too dense or obstinate to listen and wont suffer when the muck strikes the air conditioning device due to their own incompetence. Just write a short letter headed by their reference number and stating what I put in my posting. That is enough and doesnt leave it open to further discussion-or harassment as it is called when uninvited.

I was gonna do that but the new advice i keep reading is to write them a letter and not ignore. I only started getting the letters about two weeks ago even tho I got the ticket last year, the letter says I got the ticket in June this year so I must have got a second one and not known about ite.

I was gonna do that but the new advice i keep reading is to write them a letter and not ignore. I only started getting the letters about two weeks ago even tho I got the ticket last year, the letter says I got the ticket in June this year so I must have got a second one and not known about ite.

Well, if they are chasing you as the Registered Keeper for a ticket issued in June and this is the first Notice to Keeper letter then they are out of luck. They have 56 days from when the ticket was handed out to make a claim from the RK under the guidelines laid out in the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Section 8(5)

"The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted