AndyM1981

Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2160 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I was looking for some advice regarding a parking ticket i have recently received.

I currently work for the NHS and have to work unsocial hours,

last week i was working a night shift and parked in a staff parking area.

I used a "Concessionary Permit" to park in this area - the ticket is valid for one 24hr period and costs £1 per ticket.

They can only be used after 5pm and before 8am on weekdays and all day on weekends.

It also states i can park in any staff parking are.

The permit was clearly displayed on my dashboard and was filled in correctly.

I returned to my car at the end of my shift to find a fixed penalty notice attached to my windscreen

- The time on the ticket was 21:16.

The PCN states the parking officer had reason to believe i was not displaying a valid permit.

I know these permits are valid as i have been using them for years,

i just cannot understand why they ticketed me this time.

The ticket states i must pay £20 in 7 days or the charge increases to £60 and will be passed on to a third party who will obtain my details from the DVLA and seek to recover the full charge

.I have tried the appeals process (Via email only, no address) and they have basically fobbed me off saying i displayed the permit incorrectly

and that i must pay the charge.

I am not sure how to proceed, since I am an employee I am sure they can probably find my details but I do not feel I should have to pay

because I know I was using a valid permit; i

t's very frustrating coming in to work and then finding out you have to pay part of your wage back to your employer!

I would appreciate any advice,

should I pay the PCN?

Thanks in advance.

Who is the parking company employed to cover the car park?

I wouldn't let this lie one bit, ruddy conmen, appeal this again, and this time get it in your local paper.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Who is the parking company employed to cover the car park?

I wouldn't let this lie one bit, ruddy conmen, appeal this again, and this time get it in your local paper.

I think the car park is covered by NHS employees but once they have issued a ticket, if you don't pay they pass your details and the PCN charge amount to an undisclosed third party. So i assume if i do not pay I will recieve a letter in the next 28 days from some unknown Ltd company no doubt! I just dont have the £60 spare at this time of year!

You don't need the £60 spare as you have done no wrong so I presume you have no intention of paying them anything!

Just because they pass it on to a 3rd party doesn't make the mickey mouse invoice any more payable.

You have tried the appeal route to no avail (surprise surprise!) so now you should try the "ignore" route. I am sure you will find it much more successful :)

Thanks,

So by the "ignore" route do you mean I should completely ignore any and all correspondence/letters from them or should I reply once with a modified template letter from this site

(the confusion is when I mouse over the Ignore on this site it states that its recommended to send at least one reply?)

Also i actually emailed them a scanned photo of the pass I used, they replied and said the image of the pass i emailed does not match the one they logged when they issue my ticket!

Its the exact same pass I used!

My main worry is that they may eventually send debt collectors to my home and that will distress my family;

especially if i am at work when they come.Thanks.

debt collectors have

NO LEGAL POWERS

they are not BAILIFFS and NEVER EVER will be.

you did not get a 'fixed penalty notice' - it did not say that.

it also did not say PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE.

THESE are the only tickets you SHOULD PAY

THOSE XACT THREE WORDS ONLY

ANYTHING else it a speculative invoice

and can safely be ignored.

as a membefr of staff

you should be PAID to park there

you all do a wonderful job.

who were the muppet company by the way? that issue the bog roll??

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The parking ticket is attached to this post, It just says it will be passed on to a third party to recover the charge, it does not state who the issuer is (i believe it is the hospital itself that issues the initial parking ticket but does not persue themselves, they pass to a third party to persue collection from non payers)Do you think i should ignore or reply when they write to me?Thanks.

god that a way to make money

doesn't even say who issued it!!

it could be a false office anywhere run by anyone

however

it says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE

so safe to ignore totally

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks Dx,

This site is really starting to put my mind at ease,

I do believe they can identify me as the driver of the vehicle because I did email them a scanned picture of my permit

and my email address is my name! (Doh!)

would this have any overall effect on me ignoring them or am i safe?

Thanks.P.s

Do they really send debt collectors round or is it scare tactics,

has anyone had them knock on their door for something as little as a parking fine?

It's not a "parking fine". It's an unenforceable invoice. Just keep ignoring. Nobody will knock on your door.

even if muppets do turn up at your door

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

they [A DCA] HAVE NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

tell them to go away

or the police will be called

dx

spreadsheets 

Thanks for the advice, i'll just sit back and wait for the lovely letters to come through!

(with my bum twitching slightly just incase they do take me to court!)

There is zero chance of them going anywhere near a court, especially if their paperwork is as incoherent and unenforceable as that fake ticket!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The NHS ticket we ignored was issued by hospital security and then passed to roxburghe when we didn't pay it. Two letters from roxburghe and then two from graham white (sobell name for rent solicitor) were all ignored and heard nothing since march. I believe roxburghe are currently barred from the dvla database

Yes correct, Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions & Roxburghe Debt Collectors.are all currently barred from using the DVLA database fro gross misconduct.

I think CPS have served their three month's ban and since the start of this month can access the DVLA database.

Oh well, obviously they will have learnt their lesson!!:flypig:

Interesting this. The NHS issues tickets and Roxburgh chase them up through their access to the DVLA database. I'd email the DVLA and ask if this is permitted and if so on what grounds!!

That way anyone can get access to the DVLA by passing details on to Roxburgh.

Anyone can get details off the DVLA anyhow, you just have to pay for it.

Hi guys,Just an update, I was speaking to a member of staff today and they have told me that the third party debt collection agency for the hospital is called Newman Debt Collectors, anyone heard of them, is it still an ignore situation?Thanks

3rd party could be the Queen but the spec invoice is still just ink on paper that I may have typd out (badly)! Ignore and smile.

Happy xmas, you have just learned and caught a [EDIT]...

Thanks,I have been in contact with the car parking department at the hospital i work at,

i gave them the ticket number and told them I was displaying a valid permit.

They just replied and said

"do you want this logging as an appeal"

I have not replied, should i respond and try and appeal

- but i dont think theres anything to appeal against because i had a permit.

Or should i just wait for the letters and phone calls?

Im worried about my family having to answer the phone to these guys,

ive read another thread about Newmans and apparently they phone every day once its passed over to them!

In addition, i found this about them freeindex.co.uk/more-reviews.htm?id=34316&p=2 It appears they are into bullying tactics over the phone and don't go away easily! Not looking forward to this to be honest.

Well I think other will just say ignore but see if you can convince family that it is a [problem], if someone comes to the door that you don`t know then just ignore it, you don`t have to open it.

If someone calls then thats SO easy, when you realise who it is then just say hold on a minute and put the phone on the side,

then we all blow raspberries down the phone and laugh a lot! It is SO funny and I never get a call more than once:wink:

Just out of curiosity, have you all had parking tickets from private companies in the past and ignored them and not had any comebacks? It would put my mind at ease to know you guys are speaking from experience and not just opinion and research!Thanks.