Callmeclaire

Help with contacting for repayment plan...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2488 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I have spent a lot of time on here browsing and getting advice without having signed up.

I have been taking out Wonga loans for the past few months (I know..I know...) and now it has just gotten silly.

I decided to send an email to Wonga as I owe then £686.05 on the 28th of December. This has already been extended once and I don't really want to do it again. I feel the only way I can afford to pay this back is through a repayment plan. I have heard of many success stories of repayment plans being accepted. And also learned from this forum that I should keep all communication through email.

I emailed my proposal to errol.damelin@wonga.com and balanceoffer@wonga.com and received two replies the following day both of which seem automated. One was asking me to call up to discuss this further and the other was asking me to wait until I default before I could set anything up.

Any advice on where I should take things from here?

Also... I have read a few posts on cancelling CPA's - had anyone had any success in doing so?

I too am just about to contact Wonga via email. I have already sent them a letter requesting a repayment plan. Let me know how you get on!

I bank with Santander and they don't really have a clue but were happy to cancel my card and register a block against my PDLs. Not sure that was a CPA but they think it should be enough unless the PDL contacts VISA.

Hi i'm in same situation and sent wonga email explaining i was in finacial hardship and wrote- I ask if you would please agree to accept the only offer I can make of £10.00 per month for a period of 6 months then review my circumstances but if my circumstances change before this time I will contact you, also I ask if any interest or other charges are going to be added to my account that i would be grateful if you would freeze these

so my debt does not increase further.

They wrote back asking me to fill in there income and expenditure form and said

Once you complete the income and expenditure form, you’ll be given an

opportunity to propose the repayments you can reasonably make. If, from

the information you’ve provided, these payments are

[acceptable/reasonable], your repayment plan will be set up within

seconds. If not, we’ll suggest reasonable repayments using the information

you’ve provided, which you’ll be able to confirm by responding to our email

{or however we will contact them}. We’ll only be able to suspend

interest and charges, and stop attempts to collect payment for all or some

of the outstanding balance, once you’ve successfully set up a repayment

plan.

I havent filled in there form and dont know wat else to do i've changed my money from goin in my bank to now gettin it in my post office acc they have sent letters and emails and each one has a different amount saying what i'm due them, it made me ill for few weeks but now i've shut it away in back of my mind till i get thru xmas with my 2 kids... i know this is my own doing gettin into debt with wonga and i will have to find a way to repay them back but at the moment it feels imposible...

Hi all!

I have FINALLY had success in setting up my repayment plan - I have agreed to £56.36 a month. I filled in the online income and expenditure form and they decided I could afford £92.10 which I told them was a definite no. Eventually they have agreed to this.

My next issue is I would really rather pay them the money directly than have them take it out of my account - I don't really trust that they won't take more than agreed.

How can I put it in writing that I wish this to happen? Anyone had experiences of this?