Yarrakid

old debt how to find them on all CRA web sites

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2500 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

just a question about looking at older debt on these CRA sites that are older than 6 years. I am being badgered by to DCA that have bought these old debts and are causing issues which i will address in other forums.

Any advise or pointers would be gratefully received.

Regards

If there has been no payment or acknowledgment in writting in 6 clear years then the debt is staute barred defaulted debts should be removed from CRA files on the 6th anniversary of the default paid or not.

You can send the following letter ro the Compliance Manager at each DCA.

Ref; as on their letters.

Dear sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you allege that a debt for £xxx.xx is owed by me, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to xxxxxx or any company you may claim to represent.

I have had the opportunity to review my credit history and have taken advice on this matter, and I have concluded that any such debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the alleged debt.

You will now dease to process all data relating me and remove it freom your files also you will remove all data from credit reference files.

Final response.

Send Recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for your reply and the template as well, of which I shall dispatch, to them and also to OFT as well. It seems that the run up to the festive period seems to trigger a boat load of these types of things, I have another one which I know is paid off and passed 6 years but still Credit Solutions Ltd in Purley, also is reg office of Cougar Ltd, oddly, seem to think they can also put the so called "frighteners" on people, and get me to pay twice. They even went as far to say they have been in touch with Barclaycard and willing to settle at a reduced figure, which via Barclaycard - offshore I might add not very helpful or interested, was the figure of £597.98, this was sometime ago I inquired about this since I was getting text messages from BC, the agent was saying pay me now or figuratively speaking get lost. In both cases I have not acknowledged or contacted them the DCA, therefore this is first contact so to speak.

Regards