Which Forum?

saphus1007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had big problems with a bathroom makeover carried out by a local firm and simply want to warn others to be on their guard after reading about my experience. Was therefore looking for a kitchens/bathrooms forum to post the message.

I have popped you into General Consumer issues for the moment.. I know we have a Consumer Review forum.. somewhere !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well........................

If you were caught speeding when going to buy the taps, you could put it in the Speeding fines forum.

If your recently purchased used car broke down whilst getting the taps you could put that in the motoring section.

If you were caught stealing the taps you could put it in the RLP section.

If you had to borrow funds to buy the taps and they are chasing your debt now, the debt forum is for you.

If you were injured buying the taps, then it's the NHS forum.

If you caught the tube to B&Q on a stolen freedom pass then its the Train forum.

If B&Q delived two different taps then it's the retailer forum.

If they are computer controlled taps then you want the Technology forum

Or.....................................If you are really happy with the service then you want an entirely different forum as nobody is ever happy on here.

Hammy

• Haha 1

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Kings Kitchens and Bathrooms, Inverurie – A Word of Caution

After entering into a contract for a bathroom makeover earlier this year, when proprietor himself arrived to do the job himself, I thought that my bathroom makeover would be exemplary. I was so wrong! A week later when he had finished, I discovered that the installation was so bad that I refused to have him back in the house and insisted that a SNIPEF registered plumber be called in to rectify the many, many faults. These included the failure to fit service valves, clips, pipe supports or pipe insulation, a sink that wasn’t screwed to the wall, a sink pedestal that was completely free-standing without any fixings whatsoever, out of alignment pipework for a towel warmer, a bath that took forever to empty and made loud clunking noises in the sink when it was being emptied, insulating tape used instead of clips to secure pipework, a flush-to the-wall toilet system which was not ‘flush’because the fitter installed it knowing that the wall was out of plumb, a failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions when installing a pump, so much so that the entire pump installation had to be dismantled and re-installed by another plumber, and a contravention of the Scottish Water Byelaws 2004, namely:

· the installation of pipework which was not adequately supported or clipped

· the installation of pipework which was not adequately insulated to protect against heat or frost;

· the failure to fit isolating or servicing valves to pipe work where necessary.

I got a letter from Kings stating that as per my request, my snagging list had been passed to another plumber and I checked to see that they were SNIPEF registered. They were. The new plumber did a great job of correcting many, but not all of the faults and the situation now is that Kings bill has been settled but there is still a fair bit of work outstanding. They haven’t appeared back in seven months.

There were, and are, other problems which are not listed above but all have been captured on camera and it is fair to say that everyone who has seen the photographs has been shocked at the poor workmanship. I did ask Mr King directly, if he was a fully qualified plumber and he replied that he was. Why then, would a fully trained and qualified plumber almost completely botch a bathroom makeover, ‘forget’ to fit service valves, clips and pipe supports in contravention of Scottish Water Byelaws and be unaware that the same Byelaws require that pipework must be adequately insulated to protect against heat or frost? I don’t know why Kings, for the sake of cost cutting, expediency or whatever, decided not to carry out the work in my home in a workmanlike manner or with due care and attention. What I do know is that, as a result of my experience, I could never recommend Kings Kitchens and Bathrooms? Choosing them in the first place was the worst decision I have ever made.

Quote (Kings website) - We've developed an esteemed reputation throughout Aberdeenshire for our quality service and attention to detail”.

Looking at the photographs above, would you agree with this quote?

Edit: Photos didn't appear.

Edited by saphus1007
Photos didn't appear.

Well........................

If you were caught speeding when going to buy the taps, you could put it in the Speeding fines forum.

If your recently purchased used car broke down whilst getting the taps you could put that in the motoring section.

If you were caught stealing the taps you could put it in the RLP section.

If you had to borrow funds to buy the taps and they are chasing your debt now, the debt forum is for you.

If you were injured buying the taps, then it's the NHS forum.

If you caught the tube to B&Q on a stolen freedom pass then its the Train forum.

If B&Q delived two different taps then it's the retailer forum.

If they are computer controlled taps then you want the Technology forum

Or.....................................If you are really happy with the service then you want an entirely different forum as nobody is ever happy on here.

Hammy

It was none of these Hammy. The taps I was using became so worn and slippy that I fell in the sink. Anyway, have given up tap dancing for the time being. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Quotes from another site:

After 33 years as a plumber I stillread the instructions.

It's been chucked in as cheap aspossible.

Remember I also said this guy is not a plumber.

That lot needs sorting out properlyand there's no way the******** who did that is going to suddenly get goodenough to put it right.

Aplumber has not done this work that is your main problem

You keep referring to a plumber andwork being done by a plumber, a qualified plumber has not been near this job.

Pipes hanging around,unlagged etc, is what you would get from some fly by night who knocked on thedoor.

Could also dig out theBS of water pipes near electric sockets and obstructing electrical inspectioncovers into wiring terminals.

If you had got aregistered plumber in, this would not have happened

Ifthat's how bad the workmanship is in plain sight, what is it like where youcan't see it?

25years Ive been a plumber and all I can say is Oh dear.