JSAg Appeal

Trurider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been denied benefits for 2 weeks, a decision which I am appealing. I have done a rapid reclaim as I am told you have to do this and are not automatically restored to benefits. I have been Sanctioned for a further 2 weeks because I was disallowed benefits for 2 weeks. Is this Correct? A penalty is applied and then a further penalty applied BECAUSE a penalty was applied. That like being sent to jail for a crime and then being sent back to jail for being sentenced for a crime.

It strikes me that the only thing the benefits agency do is try to stop people getting the benefits they are entitled to by law and for having made many years of contributions.

I noted a Conservative MP saying that the banks should not have been allowed to do what they did and England needed far more factories. The young man needs to be referred to Margaret Thatcher - A Conservative Prime Minister who removed banking regulation and destroyed the manufacturing base of the Country. :mad2:

Yes what has happened is correct after the 22nd October 2012.

Disallowance because you were not treated as actively seeking or available as per your JSAg is automaticcaly referred to the DMA team for a further 2 week sanction .

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/jsa-sanction-changes-factsheet.pdf

Yes what has happened is correct after the 22nd October 2012.

Disallowance because you were not treated as actively seeking or available as per your JSAg is automaticcaly referred to the DMA team for a further 2 week sanction .

Wow that's awful, so really there is no such thing as being sanctioned for only 2 weeks? How does it not go on and on then... because surely the following 2 weeks would have the same 'not actively seeking or available' terms as the first 2 weeks?

No the new regulations are harsher in some ares but less harsh in others.

If you are following the JSAg as agreed then you will not encounter any problems.

If you fail to sign or attend a mndaory adviser interview (without good cause) you face a 4 week sanction initially but if you then fail a further signing or adviser appointment (again without good cause) then it's increased to 13 weeks.

Previously if you left employment voluntaril, were dismissed or failed to apply for a matched vacancy you could be sanctioned for up to 26 weeks but since October that has reduced to 13 weeks, but it does escalate if you do the same thing again within a 12 month period until you face sanctions of 3 years.

I was following the JSAg doing a minimum of 3 steps as set out in my JSAg.

I am appealing the matter.

I cannot see how they can disallow 2 weeks and then Sanction you a further 2 weeks simply for being disallowed 2 weeks - Is this correct/lawful?