Hacked_Off

Work messing me about

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2459 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been working for an agency for 9 months. The job I'm on is for a company that's been on the news alot and are well known for incompetence.

I had been on one site for 8 months, recently I have been moved with one hours notice to another site were I was led to believe that's were I would be for the foreseeable future. Then I'm told by txt message I was to move again to a third site from Monday. The supervisor was not happy about it because she "removed at OPS request". The manager told her "removed at OPs request". I have had zero say in this. Not even a phone call. Nor have I been given details from the agency such as the address, start time, who to report to. I've had to find all that out myself!!!

All three sites are chronically understaffed and I'm being used as the floater to make up for this, something I did not sign up for. No body else is being made to go between sites. The first site I was on now has three staff members left from seven. I'm being given the work of four people to cover which is physically impossible.

Then I find out the people employed direct are on £46 per month more than me. Isn't that not allowed under AWR?

I've asked for an explanation off the agency re the wages and being used as a yo yo. To which I have not received a response.

Edited by ims21

Now there saying I won't get paid on Friday because my timesheet was not signed by a supervisor. It was signed I was stood next to her.

There also refusing to acknowledge the other staff are on more than me and to "prove it with a payslip". Not very professional at all, she spoke to me like dirt.

Edited by ims21

"You are paid the same hourly payrate as a cleaner at X in the same role, monthly pay after tax is irrelevant to your hourly rate. I cannot comment on why somebody would pick up more - maybe they have a different tax code? "

I've no idea why there going on about tax none of us earn enough to be taxed so as she says its irrelevant

salaries can be different for an agency worker and one paid directly, the agency would have to have your tax code weather you pay insurance or not and a different code can mean a difference in net pay. it sounds like you have had enough of this agency, if you are fed up with them go to a different one, but agency workers do have a harder time of it in some respects so you may not find a great deal of difference.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thanks for the reply

I've checked with everyone were all on the same tax codes and I was told they were all given a pay rise in April, just when I started. No body gets taxed because we don't earn enough!

The boss told me today she got on the phone to the agency and they told her my timesheet was fine. Then they phoned me straight after and told me the opposite. Makes no sense to me.

It's a shame really because the job itself is fine.

Are they paid by the agency or direct from the employer?

Now there saying I won't get paid on Friday because my timesheet was not signed by a supervisor. It was signed I was stood next to her.

I don't think its particularly any help but, even if it wasn't signed, its illegal to withhold payment for that reason under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations

Are they paid by the agency or direct from the employer?

Direct from the employer.

I'm paid by the agency.

I don't think its particularly any help but, even if it wasn't signed, its illegal to withhold payment for that reason under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations

Super helpful actually, I've just quoted that at them and I am now getting paid Friday!!! Thanks!!

Well that may well explain it if the company pay x rate to employees they employ directly the agency can pay its employees what they like. Two different employers

Well that may well explain it if the company pay x rate to employees they employ directly the agency can pay its employees what they like. Two different employers

"After 12 weeks in the same job with the same hirer, you’re entitled to the same basic terms and conditions as if you had been recruited directly, including:

basic pay, including holiday pay, overtime and bonuses linked to your performance"

But is the job exactly the same? may well be some differences

But is the job exactly the same? may well be some differences

Nope exactly the same. I've been working on the same floors with people who are directly employed.

I went to see an employment solicitor before for a free consult and he agreed the points of law I am using are correct and they will probably be made to pay up if intake them to ET.

Luckily I've just got a perm job starting mid jan. no agency this time.

I bet you're in X and the agency is xxxx. You're giving away too many details over t' Internet. (Mods: just to prove my point)

Edited by ims21
Company name removed for reasons of confidentiality.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I bet you're in X and the agency is xxxx. You're giving away too many details over t' Internet. (Mods: just to prove my point)

I'm not quite sure of your point, san_d, but as this could go to ET I have removed the name of the company.

HB

Edited by ims21

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not sure of your point either

Edited by ims21

Not sure of your point either

You put the fax number of your agency in your post. Even an idiot like me could google the number and get that information. If I was the agency I wouldn't like company details splattered all over the net.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

You put the fax number of your agency in your post. Even an idiot like me could google the number and get that information. If I was the agency I wouldn't like company details splattered all over the net.

Well Thankyou for taking the time to sit and google that then putting the information up on the site , much appreciated.

Super helpful actually, I've just quoted that at them and I am now getting paid Friday!!! Thanks!!

:!: Wow!

I'm really really pleased both that you're getting paid and that I said something that helped! (I nearly didn't bother because it seemed to be not that helpful)

Too many edits going on here.

Please use some common sense when posting stuff which can identify people.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

:!: Wow!

I'm really really pleased both that you're getting paid and that I said something that helped! (I nearly didn't bother because it seemed to be not that helpful)

:D

Luckily I've just got a perm job starting mid jan. no agency this time.

Wow again. Well done - I'm sure your Christmas will be a lot merrier than it looked a couple of days ago

Well, I've been moved again. The agency didn't tell me.i should of started half an hour ago!!!