Naughty Dunelm Mill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Noticed today a sign on local (Taunton) Dunelm mill door "if staying over three hours liable to a FINE

This is a free car park for several shops, fair enough the 3 hour bit but a Fine? would have thought that was an illegal wording and anyway the park is free or am I being pedantic?

The notice with the word Fine is on DM door on their poster type logo'ed stationary

I think the control is Parking Eye, will look next time and see if any of the other shops have this sort of notice

Surely though the word Fine can only be issued by plod or Local Authority?

You could always send a version of this letter that was sent to a Sainsbury's store when they used the "f" word:-

"Dear Sirs,

I recently visited your newly-opened High Wycombe store, and very nice it is too.

However, I feel I must have missed some news bulletins recently, because when I drove into the car park there, I noticed signs saying that if drivers parked in the disabled bays without a blue badge, they would be "fined" £50. The same condition applied to parent & child bays.

Now as any clued up person knows, fines can only be issued by the Courts, Police, or local Councils. For a private company to claim to be able to fine someone, would be a contravention of Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

I can only assume, therefore, that since these signs must have been approved by some legal top bananas in Sainsbury's, and they clearly wouldn't want to be committing fraudulent acts, that J Sainsbury has recently passed into public ownership and is now a sub-division of the Ministry of Agriculture or some such government organisation.

Please could you confirm this?"

Edited by DBC

This is a "spooky" question....

My sister called me about a week ago concerning the SAME sign outside of Dunelm !!! She tried to take a picture for me but her mobile was out of charge. The parking co are indeed Parking Eye.

I will get her to take a picture later on.....

Yes please. Pictures of all the signs would be good if that is possible. The text on the signs needs to be readable.