Guest Another Spartacus

Sar

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Another Spartacus

I recently SAR'd both MBNA and Barclaycard re credit cards I have with them.

Both have replied with loads of printouts going back to 1998 etc but both have only sent the last six years of statements.....convenient.

Most of the PPI and charges etc were incurred prior to 2005

I thought that the banks could only destroy records older that six years old IF the accounts have been closed.

Both these cards are still open, though I'm making reduced payments now.

Can I insist that they look at my sar again please.

Look at your MBNA SAR. Is there a list of transations going back to inception of the account? If so you can reconstruct your account with that. It means alot more work for you but they arent going to help you if they dont have to.

Barclays I dont know but believe one or two have had to go to court to get any info out of them

Guest Another Spartacus

Hi Ken and thanks for replying.

I have checked through the paperwork for this info that you have suggested, unfortunately it appears neither have issued me with a complete transaction history.

Ah well, looks like I may have to write to them again

Surprised MBNA havnt they normally do. Its a log of all the transactions in and out of the account. Ours went back to 2001 and we got it in September this year.

Not so sure with Barclays.

I do think banks will be busy with industrial shredders now on everything over 6 years. Its the only way they can really draw a line under all this. Cause they sure as hell dont want to pay out to everyone.

Guest Another Spartacus

Nope,

I've checked through everything from both cards and nothing even remotely resembles a transaction log.

Just my blummin luck