• Tweets

• I don't know much about this area of law but what you are saying about the continuation of a restored company makes perfect sense. I can scarcely imagine that it is any other way. How much money are we talking about here?
    • I'm having the same difficulty working out why @simeon1964 posted #32 without any explanation (again!) as to why it was posted.
    • as such there isnt one.  but that DN says 28 daya, should state a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy   and no IP address of signup PC either. lowells lose so many times on these issues 
    • Dear CAG,   Please advise on the following problem.   I have a friend who was very very ill since 2017. He had problems with his heart. After a number of heart attacks, he had a quadruple bypass in January 2021. (His bypass was to have taken place during 2020 but of course, it was delayed due to covid)   While he was waiting for the bypass operation, his company was struck off by Companies House in 2019 because he failed to send the company accounts and other documentation. He failed to send them because of his illness.   He made full recovery after his operation and he then restored his company as soon as he was able during 2021.     Prior to his illness his company was appointed as a commission sales agent for a manufacturing company (based in UK) in 2016 . During 2017, his company won a contract for this manufacturing Company for the first part of an engineering project.  His commission was paid in full by the manufacturing company after they were paid by the end user.   Even through his illness and heart attacks he was able to complete the second sale for the second part of the same engineering project. As a result, the manufacturing company won the contract for the second part during 2020. The manufacturer owes his company commission from the proceeds of this second order they received from the same end user customer.   The manufacturer refuses to pay the commission owed to his company saying that as it had been struck off, they are no longer obligated to make the payment. Any arrangement that was made prior to the company being struck off and for that reason, is null and void.   Our view is that the company being struck off is irrelevant because   a.       It is a continuation of the same project b.       The company has been restored. c.       The dissolution was merely due to an administration issue with Companies House as a consequence of his illness.   As the company has been fully restored the debt owed by the manufacturer is still valid, they are liable and they must pay.   According to the guidance notes on Companies House Website (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration)   Guidance. Strike off, dissolution and restoration Updated 24 March 2021   11.8 Once a company has been restored by the court When a company has been restored to the register, the general effect is that a company is deemed to have continued in existence as if it had not been dissolved or struck off the register.   My friend is claiming the payment owed to his company. However, he may have to take legal action as I think the manufacturing company feels that they have the upper hand because his company has been struck off.  Even though it has been restored, the payment is no longer owed to the sales agent.     Will my friend be able to serve a writ on the manufacturer as a last resort so he could get his money?   Please advise your views and comments on this situation so I can advise him and we an consider the next steps.   Thank you Wrecked.    
    • Hi Schipoo,   In the 2nd document above from HMCTS, it starts by referring to 3 items attached, namely :-   Appeal/Application Respondant Decision Notice Supporting Documents   I assume the 2nd item is the first PDF posted above but please confirm.   If there are any other documents, can you post them up, redacted.   I'm not experienced in this appeal tribunal process but we'll do all we can to support you. However, are you prepared to follow guidance, submit documents/replies in the manner we suggest and meet any deadlines. Please confirm.   At the risk of repeating myself, any joy yet in visiting the police ? Of all the issues likely to affect your case, I think this is crucial.
  • Our picks

Wonga due tomorrow but have cancelled debit card

pubman1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My loan is due out tomorrow but I don't have funds to pay it, or to extend the date. I have cancelled my debit card - the only one listed on my account with them. Could they still take the payment out? I'm slightly worried about this.

Ta

PM

Hi again,

Instead of trying to swerve the issue I called them to explain - they sent me a financial assessment to complete and, while my suggested fugure fell below their minimum amount (I offered £50 a month on £1400) they have at least stopped any interest and charges, and won't try to take payments until they have spoken to me. Or at least that's what their website told me... we'll see tomorrow I suppose. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty helpful to be fair.

On a more general note, I called my bank to ask them to not send any money to Wonga should they request it through the "lost" debit card. They told me that as they are a loan company they are powerless to stop them taking payment, as they already have the card details, and they are unable to chargeback if they do take anything. It seems wrong that once I have provided a debit card to a company they are then able to take whatever they like from my bank account.

PM

Hi again,

Instead of trying to swerve the issue I called them to explain - they sent me a financial assessment to complete and, while my suggested fugure fell below their minimum amount (I offered £50 a month on £1400) they have at least stopped any interest and charges, and won't try to take payments until they have spoken to me. Or at least that's what their website told me... we'll see tomorrow I suppose. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty helpful to be fair.

On a more general note, I called my bank to ask them to not send any money to Wonga should they request it through the "lost" debit card. They told me that as they are a loan company they are powerless to stop them taking payment, as they already have the card details, and they are unable to chargeback if they do take anything. It seems wrong that once I have provided a debit card to a company they are then able to take whatever they like from my bank account.

PM

Your bank can stop it, and can do chargebacks. You need to visit your bank in person and present them with a letter instructing them not to allow wonga to take payments from your account. They CAN put a block on it. look over the site, lots of info on this.

Protect your money, move it to another account if poss. However on a more positive note i have found Wonga very reasonable to deal with with my loan.

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,

such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.

However,

you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.

Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...