style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2500 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

At the end of October I received a parking fine from the Leeds City Council. Due to my own fault I did forget to pay the fine it just stayed in my car.

However, I never received any reminders or etc from the Council regarding the ticket.

Yesterday a Bailiff from JBW posted a letter demanding £310, when the fine was £60 to begin with.

I contacted the Bailiff straight away and explained everything and he said; The situation had gone as far as it could, and we are to pay the full amount or he would be seizing goods.

I don't know much about this but, surely I should of received some notification from the Council before it went straight to the Bailiffs.I would really appreciate some advice on the matter as, I'm willing to pay but not £310 it's ridiculous.

You should ask the Bailiff what the address is on the warrant he has. All notifications from the Council will go to the address the DVLA hold on file at the time the ticket was issued.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I did ask, and the details were correct. I just never received anything from the Council, just from the Bailiffs as they came to the house.

If you had not received any statutory notices thaenyou are legally entitled to file an Out of Time witness statement. More about this process later.

However...before doing so, I am just a little bit concerned because, if the PCN had been issued in October a warrant would normally not be issued until at least the new year.

Are you sure that the PCN date is correct?

Have you moved address within the past few months?

Yes the date is correct, and I've lived in same house 5 years now.

However...before doing so, I am just a little bit concerned because, if the PCN had been issued in October a warrant would normally not be issued until at least the new year.

Are you sure that the PCN date is correct?

I wonder if the address has been updated and this is for an old ticket? Something doesn't ring right somehow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the only time I've got a ticket, so it's definitely for that.

It's the only time I've got a ticket, so it's definitely for that.

I think you are going to have to ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre on Monday and ask about the details they hold for this, I assume you have a PCN number? At the same time following what Tomtubby has said re an Out of Time it will start the ball rolling on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I will phone them Monday to double check everything's correct.

Sorry to sound dense but, how do I go about starting an Out Of Time?