single yellow became restricted at 0930

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was dropping my son at nursery and the single yellow became restricted at 0930, the ticket says 0936 on it and there is no from time. Do I have a leg to stand on? Dropping my son off feels a bit like unloading goods!

As this seems not to be a private parking matter, then you are in the wrong section of this forum.

New thread started in appropriate Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I wouldn't say dropping your son off is anything like unloading goods myslef.

There are usually exemptions to parking on a SYL such as unloading so yes, you would normally expect there to be an observed from and to time but as you are not claiming you were doing any of these activities I am not sure if the simple fact it is missing the "from/to" time is enough to invalidate it.

theres no harm in an appeal.

its all down to the circumstances that will swing it in your favour. childs age. any traffic conditions at the time. why you felt you had no choice but to park there. a good letter might let you of with a dont do it again warning.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

It's assisted alighting (or boarding as the case maybe) of a vulnerable person.

A loading restriction doesn't enter into it.

They cannot expect your child to make his/her own way into NURSERY school.

No observation time helps you, because you can show you took the minimum time necessary.

Edited by diskmandave

It's all down to the circumstances. Nothing to do with unloading a child or vulnerable person. If there is parking local. And you just wanted to get as close as possible. Then they won't buy it.

Single line restrictions are pretty tough. But an appeal don't do anyone any harm.

But beware if you parked there when there were other options. It will be dismissed

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Assisted boarding/alighting is generally an exemption on ALL yellow lines.

Correct. Providing the car isn't in a dangerous position or causing an obstruction. However, 6 minutes seems a tad excessive to be dropping off TBH. What is the PCN code?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Correct. Providing the car isn't in a dangerous position or causing an obstruction. However, 6 minutes seems a tad excessive to be dropping off TBH. What is the PCN code?

Really? 2 year olds can take a while to get sorted! I thought I did well :) The PCN code is from Redbridge: AF54580664

Really? 2 year olds can take a while to get sorted! I thought I did well :) The PCN code is from Redbridge: AF54580664

The offence code would help?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

This is getting silly.. Assuming the contravention Code is 01/02, (without observation)...

The OP should submit a challenge stating ASSISTED ALIGHTING... Child to Nursery School...

Should challenge be refused, OP REQUIRES all photo's & notes by CEO - AND.... COPY of

FULL TRO that covers said SYL..

Sorry, the offence is 'Parking in a Restricted Street During Prescribed Hours' and the code is 01. The street switches to proscribed hours for an hour, between 0930 & 1030, to dissuade commuters. I have currently drafted the letter below:

I am writing to challenge the above mentioned PCN as I was giving Assisted Alighting having dropped my two year old son at nursery. As the ticket was being issued I had rushed back to my vehicle and was appealing to the parking warden’s better judgement, assuring him that I was about to leave.

Unfortunately my little boy, who is potty training, had wet himself on the way in to nursery. We had parked in what I calculated was enough time to safely drop my son off and return to the vehicle however, after comforting him and getting him changed, by the time I got back to my car it was approximately 4 minutes after the 0930 to 1030 active period of the single yellow line. I was safely parked and causing no obstruction or hazard. So to be issued a ticket so close to the prescribed hours start, in the vicinity of a nursery with no proscribed parking practically close (for an infant), is predatory and serves the council and the community in no productive way.

Personally I think the fact that you were dropping your 2 year old son and 'assisting' him into nursery would be sufficient. Not sure the extra info will help you TBH as LA's (or PATAS) don't normally take those kind of circumstances into account.

But good luck with it and please tell us how you get on.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidance only.

Sorry, the offence is 'Parking in a Restricted Street During Prescribed Hours' and the code is 01. The street switches to proscribed hours for an hour, between 0930 & 1030, to dissuade commuters. I have currently drafted the letter below:

Great letter, let us know how you get on!!