style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a letter through my door from rossendales saying they had a liability order to collect some outstanding business rates from a business i had that went under there is just an amount, no breakdown of costs. I phoned the guy and asked him for a breakdown and also explained that i was not even sure i owed the money.

I will speak to the council and intend to deal directly with them:

is it worth selling my my meager possessions to my other half

should I send them the withdrawal of access notice, or just tell them bill is in dispute

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

should i attempt any further communication with rossendales as the guy said i had till Monday to sort something out> If i owe the council money I will set up a payment schedule with them, but at this stage I have no idea

Other than to send to them for a breakdown of the fees being charged you have no need to even speak with them. Go into lockdown with doors and windows to prevent him gaining entry and deny him access if he calls again by simply refusing to open the door remember to remove any goods you have laying around outside on which he could obtain a levy notably any car registered in your name then start to make your payments direct to the Council. Remember to budget for the £42.50 he is entitled to for legitimate fees should he make the usual two visits.

Be prepared for a few visits over the coming weeks as it can take a while for these people to grasp the fact they are getting nothing out of you, they will give up when realisation kicks in.!!!

WD

Thank you i really dont want these jokers any where near my house

I thought I could write a formal letter of complaint to rossendales with a cc to the ceo of the council that issued the liability order along the lines of>

I have had 2 telephone conversations with a representative of your company, in the first one he tried to imply there was no difference between a warrant of exucution and a liability order and the letter pushed through my letterbox was headed liabilityorder/warrantof execution It was headed in bold letters BAILIFF REMOVAL even though there was no signature from a court official. It also said at the bottom that he would attend my address at his convenience and may remove goods, even in my absence ( this is totally illegal )

there was an amount written in pen, with no breakdown in costs, when i questioned him he accused me of calling him a liar> In the second conversation ( recorded) he mentioned the next stage would be a vanning charge, this is clearly untrue and overstates his powers as he cannot charge for a van when he has not raised a levy. furthermore I have no possesions of value and do not own a vehicle.

I have researched your company and have found many instances where they behave illegally and acted inappropriately, bailiffs in your company have been found guilty of assault

your company has already breached several guidelines in your contact with me I feel your company is very unlikely to act in a fair and legal way in dealing with me, and therefore I enclose a denial of rights of access notice

I am also sending a copy of this letter to the ceo of the council that employed your company, and will be making an official complaint to them about the conduct of your bailiffs

any comments would be appreciated

an extract from national standards for enforcement officers

· Enforcement agents must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their powers, qualifications, capacities, experience or abilities, including, but not restricted to;

· Falsely implying or stating that action can or will, be taken when legally it cannot be taken

· Falsely implying or stating that a particular course of action will ensue before it is possible to know whether such action would be permissible

· Falsely implying or stating that action has been taken when it has not

Edited by ikon44

Ikon44 you can send it, but they are likely to ignore it, and if you call the police they will likely side with the bailiff (wrongly) who will cvlaim allsorts, of powers and warrant etc, and gullibkle plod is usually taken in, so lockdown, move car away as suggested by wonkeydonkey is best at present. The remove goods evan in absence is levy on goods lying around like garden furniture etc, so lock it up. One bailiff even levied a doormat to garner £250 in fees, and the council was lambasted by the Ombudsman.

Start to pay something you can afford that will let you keep up to date with future council tax, and tell the council this is what you are doing, pay them online they cannot refuse the payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!