Miss_C12

Utility warehouse huge bills huge legal charges please help me :,(

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and it is 3am so I apologise for my writing.. I cant sleep I am so stressed over this!! :,(

We moved into our home 4 months ago, tried switching to eon but it was denied as we owed Utility Warehouse £128. Eon told us that we could transfer the debt over so to ignore any letters as they would deal with UW.

Anyway eventually found out the switch had been cancelled after enquiring about a letter from Grosenver legal services demanging £328 right away. (£200 security deposit inc)

I phoned Eon and they admitted I was told in error and I have been sent a cheque for £150 to cover legal fees from UW.

Ok fair enough..

But it gets worse.

My Oct bill (Septembers usage) was £119 ( a little high I thought, so I cut back on the heating)

Nov bill - £192

Dec bill - £240!!!!!

We are on economy 7 and pay 24p per kwh for electric and 5.2p per kwh for gas. I asked to change tariffs but was told I cannot switch without a charge.

Is my meter broken? Are those prices average? I am a 24 y/o female who has never paid attention to gas & electric prices before Ive just got on and paid my bills.. but this seems too much!!

I use my heating 3 hours per day only. We habe an electric oven and are limited to a 5-10 min shower. I live in a double glazed mid rerraced 3 bed house.

I have a demand for £720 (£268 of which are legal charges!) to pay by 3rd Jan. I cannot leave the company until i have paid up.

Someone please help me. I am pregnant and have young children. I am stressed out and don't know what to do next...

anybody?

legal charges?

UU are a nightmare company to deal with.

what other fees have you been levied?

if they've not gone to court

there is no remit to charge these fees.

sleep tight

the others will be around soon.

have a look at lat weeks CAGMAG [link top left of page here]

i'm sure you can now switch with anything upto £500 outstanding.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Just got this tweet

United Utilities ‏@unitedutilities @Real_CAG Hi, United Utilities and Utility Warehouse are two separate & unrelated companies. You need to contact UW. Hope you get it sorted!

We are with OVO and pay 12p per Kwh for electric at peak and 7p off peak so I would say you are being well over charged. As mentioned UW are a total nightmare to deal with however I think the additional charges are out of order.

Firstly in writing raise a complaint and ask them to withdraw the charges. Tell them that they must also communicate in writing. You may to & fro for a bit, if no resolution request a deadlock letter. Once you have this, submit it to the energy ombudsman.

Get off writing as soon as possible to UW disputing the debt. Notify the DCA in writing that the debt is in dispute and that they need to pass it back to UW. That will get DCA off your back.

Let us know how you get on following the advice above.