style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you answer my question? is the state pension classed as a benefit. I read somewhere that if you go into debt with credit cards and you went to court, you would only have to pay a small amount back to the collectors as you receive a state benefit. Is this correct please. I am paying three credit cards off at the moment, which is not leaving me much out of my state pension, they do not have my address as I am living with a friend at the moment, so having written to them I just started to pay them, my email accounts with them has been cancelled (good job I have copies) they assured me that the wouldn't pass them over to credit agencies, but I expect they have as per usual. I expect they are trying to find me, but as I have no bills etc no and left my address 3 years ago, it will take them time.

Thank you for any advice.

If a creditor went to court to obtain a CCJ you could ask a judge to look at your income and expenses before he came to a decision on how you should make repayment. He would then look at your disposable income and make an award on that which could be as little as £1 per month.

If you gave us a little more information on the debts; age of them and rough amounts, was there any PPI & have they added any unfair charges, we may be able to help you to reduce them or dispose of them by other means.

Sorry again I don't get any post regarding my debt as they don't have a forwarding address for me. I managed to get two letters that they sent to my old address, so I know they have passed it all onto a credit agency, although they told me they hadn't. (so they do tell lies) I was emailling the credit card companies and they were replying to me. I offered to pay them monthly on the 1st of the month which I am doing. I am paying the original credit companies, so I expect the are forwarding the money (who knows). I wrote to them without giving an address making them an offer. So I am trying to pay off my debt. But I am not giving them an address or friends telephone number.

But I am not giving them an address or friends telephone number.
There is no legal requirement for you to do so.

I offered to pay them monthly on the 1st of the month which I am doing.

If you answer the questions in post #2 we may be able to help you further with that but suffice to say because of where you are they will find it extremely difficult to take any enforcement action even if they were to try and attempt taking the legal route.