kruptik

faulty game

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I purchased a game from Argos yesterday and played it for the first time today. While it played fine at first, after a couple of hours the game started to lag significantly (I was playing offline) which essentially made it unplayable. I tried restarting my console but the lag remained. After removing the disk I noticed some scratches on the disk which have obviously been caused by the disk making contact with the laser.

I've never had this happen with any other game before, I have a dvd running at the moment and it's running fine, I'll check it for scratches when it's finished but if I find none then I can only assume the games disk is the problem. I know the xbox 360 can scratch disks if moved with a disk in the tray but I was sitting some distance away from the console while playing it and couldn't have moved it.

What exactly are my rights here? As far as I can see the product has broken during normal use and is therefore not fit for the purpose which it was sold. But will Argos try to claim that they are not responsible for scratched disks? What are my options if they do?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

you hould be ok esp if the scratches do not form a complete circle

it could be an unbalanced disc.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Most games suppliers will give you replacement media aswell. If there is a contact number on the packaging, try them.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar